Single Full timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TIREDTRAVELER

I've seen many of these threads, and even "solo" rooms, started on various boards over the years.  They don't work even though there are a great number of issues specific to solo rv-ing.  Couples don't understand.  When I was married, I couldn't understand either and there is simply no way to explain.  The very few singles that do start posting, stop when "halves" of couples keep chiming in.  The only workable solution are separate solo websites and forums.

There are at least two solo yahoo groups, a few others for women only, and there used to be one semi-affiliated with rv/goodsams/trailerlifedotnet.  There's a current thread there, in the RV Lifestyles room called  "SOLO RVer's".  It has some good links. 

I'm a member of a few of these.  The "dating" sites are pretty much high school revisited if that is what you're looking for.  There is a BIG difference between "solos" and those just between marriages.  I recently joined the yahoo group "freeroaders".  It is not a dating site.  I'm still in the process of reading the back posts there. 

I never joined the group that required goodsams web membership.  That one was mainly "chat" and seemed a little squirrely.  Several active members were "single" on that site and married/ coupled on other sites.

Don't expect a lot of traffic on the non-dating solo sites.  The "women only" sites might be different.  But there is a great deal of information is in the older posts.  The people at these sites are pretty independent and comfortable with their own company. 

Good Luck
fleamarketeer

I actually don't fit anywhere.  I'm not single but 8 weeks at a time alone sure makes you feel so and 10 years of it and a husband always working away reinforces it. You are part of a half that is never home, most of the wives gave up long ago and divorced, but I don't give up easily ;)  I travel with my mentally challenged daughter now and did before but not as much, and I have as yet to see another family do so and I've been 8000 miles so far.  We don't fit anyplace, doesn't matter, community, rv forum, or anywhere but it doesn't stop us from enjoying life.  I just take her and we go and do whatever we want and we join what we want to, if we are welcome, ok, if not we just don't go back.  I guess we are a community of 2 :D and I long ago accepted that fact.  If you keep waiting for people to accept you, or need others to make your life full you will just sit and wait, you have to make the kind of life you want and that's what we have done.  I will say its not for the faint of heart, weak, or shy but I shed those issues long long ago.

So I'm going to enjoy my life for as long as I can and make Sue Anne's life memborable too. It's to short to sit back and wait and hope that someone will make it better for you, you have to do that for youself.  Later all!

Well said.....Hope we can meet up some time  would like to meet you and your family
Howard and Jo

Just remember, you can be as happy as you want to be!

Out of curiosity to the OP...
How do you get mail? I just got started with this whole camping deal quiet unexpectedly I might add and have no idea how someone would
receive mail without a permanent address?

You use a mail forwarding service.  There are several - FMCA and Escapees have them and there are several other private firms around the country.

Your correspondents send your mail to the forwarding service's address.  They collect and hold it, then forward it to you in a batch.  Some let you set up a pre-arranged schedule for forwarding, others wait for you to call with current information.  If you're traveling, you'll usually have the service send it to your name, c/o General Delivery in the town you're currently in or where you will be in a few days.  Then you go to the post office, show some ID and pick it up.

I am 56 years young and have had some devastating health issues. I often think God Forbid what will happen if I loose my wife. But I told her I go first because I can not cook or do anything with money. I am going to RV Single because I had the best and nobody will ever live up to my wife. This is something I would be interested in on what  single people do and how they make it with an RV. The first thing I thought about is who will stand behind the trailer waving her arms when I am backing it into the spot? How do you drive 50 miles without your wife telling you how to drive? I am interested in this forum and would never be interested in a date just a good time talking around a campfire and meeting everyone. I love my kids but they need there own lives. This was just thinking what if!!

Gary RV Roamer said:
Good question, though not one that we enjoy contemplating. The cockpit sure would seem empty with only the gal in the GPS to tell me where to go!

It took wife fifty years to train me, I just don't think I can be retrained, and yes it would sure be lonely up in the cockpit without her to tell me where to go.

PatrioticStabilist said "I actually don't fit anywhere." 

I strongly disagree.  You fit perfectly in my heart!  I have so enjoyed reading your stories.  You have given me hope and a lot of smiles!  ;D ;D

I was just surfing through and saw this.  How sweet, I appreciate that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom