Palomino TT's, Anyone have any experience with them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AirForceAngler

We are looking at trading for a Puma by Palomino TT.  Anyone have any experience with these trailers?  Are they any good or have lots of problems?  We've had a few bad experiences with our Coachmen and are looking to avoid that again.

Thanks in advance!

I owned a Palomino 25FB for 8 years.  The first one was sent back to the factory because the back cap did not match up to the roof.  The dealer swapped them out about 2 weeks after purchase.  The second one had to go back to the factory after about 2 years because the floor was rotting out all the way around.  The discrepancies that came back with it will fill a book.  For example, a piece of the vinyl flooring was replaced and held down with double stick tape.  The air conditioner was installed on top of the wiring which quickly wore through the insulation, causing a direct short.  The heating ducts were so misaligned, they could not be opened.  Worst of all, a gap across the seam between the floor and back wall was not properly sealed and it again rotted out.  By then the warranty had expired and it cost $3k to repair.  When the roof started leaking, I swapped it out.  Guess whether I now own a Palomino.

Wow, that sounds like more trouble than I've had with my Coachmen!  Thanks for the info!

We have a 08 Puma bought in 9/07 and love it. We have had only few issues with it, none requiring it be taken back to the dealer.
Mostly it's been stupid thing like where they put the city water inlet.  Ours is a 29RKSS , fit and finish is as good as I've seen in any we looked at.

We have an 09 Gazelle G230, and have not had any issues with it.  We picked it up a little over a month ago and have already spent about 2 weeks in it.

The fit and finish are pretty good. Everything in it works. No leaks or anything.  It tows great.

Things that I have noticed that do not really bother me.  The more visible materials are high quality, some of the less visible materials are lesser quality.  There is real wood in places and other places there is not.

There is nothing bad I can say about it.

Walk inside, feel the floor and the solidness of it.  Heavier folks will feel a bit of give.  I don't see many of the trailers, but the Truck campers they make did not impress me.  Theirs is a lower cost unit, and in a lower cost you get less.  If it is the price range you want, and you can live with the lighter build, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom