Navy Promotion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
To all our friends,

We are currently on our way to CT for the summer. Upon arrival yesterday at our son's house in VA we were pleasantly surprised with some great news. He has been chosen for promotion to Captain. He'll probably officially be promoted around February next year. For those of you not familiar with Navy rank, a Captain is equivalent to a full bird Colonel.

As you can imagine, we are very proud of his accomplishments. He will complete 21 years next month and expects to do at least 25. I'm hoping he'll stay for 30. Sure would love to see him get his Admiral stripes!!!  :) :)

Congratulations to your son and to you and Pat.  We're all proud of all of you.

Congratualtions!  I'm sure Jimmy will make Admiral if he decides he wants to do so.  Will they ever let him out of the Pentagon long enough to get back at sea?

Margi

Wonderful news Jim, congratulations to the family.

Ned said:
Congratulations to your son and to you and Pat.  We're all proud of all of you.

Thanks, Ned. It's hard to believe sometimes. He has done what I always wanted to do but didn't have the brain power. ;D

Tom and Margi said:
Congratualtions!  I'm sure Jimmy will make Admiral if he decides he wants to do so.  Will they ever let him out of the Pentagon long enough to get back at sea?

Margi

Margi,

Thanks! I know he can do it. He's had excellent fitreps and a couple of early promotions. I can still see his name on the CNO's door!!!! ;D ;D ;D

He has mentioned not going back to sea which kind of disappointed me. I didn't get a tiger cruise on his last two ships. Really wanted one when he was the CO but they deployed to the Gulf and Africa. Not sure where he'll go from here. I think it's now getting into the politics of the Navy and one never knows what might happen.

Tom, Steve, & Ray,

Thanks!! It's an exciting moment for us. Can't wait for the ceremony. We did attend the one when he made Commander. It was presented by a Captain. This one, I'm sure, will be presented by the Admiral.

Sam & I add our Congratulations to your son as well as you and Pat.  I am sure if he sets his mind to being an admiral it will be.

Congratulations! In my time at the Navy my career ended as a Petty Officer  :(
But my older son joined the Navy too. And my younger son today passed the qualifying examination for the Army. Sorry, no further child for the Airforce...

James Godward said:
Congratulations to the proud parents!!  Give our best to your son too!!
[/quote

Hi Jim,

Thanks. I haven't told him I put this on the forum but will have to do so tomorrow. :)

Ron said:
Sam & I add our Congratulations to your son as well as you and Pat.  I am sure if he sets his mind to being an admiral it will be.

Hi Ron & Sam,

Thanks! I only wish all of you could meet him. He will achieve whatever he wants. It's still hard to believe he is our son!! ;D

Back
Top Bottom