DAY TOUR TO MEXICO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamboo

Going to San Antonio TX. to visit the Alamo and then to Big Bend national park are there any day tours to Mexico around those areas, friends went on there own and did not feel safe, I thought maybe a commercial tour would be safer.

When we were in Del Rio a few years ago we were told at a local winery that it was safe to cross into Mexico at that point. Many of the locals apparently go there for dinner. We didn't do it as we did not have the time. We have crossed in Algodones near Yuma. That is a town set up for tourists but it doesn't give you the flavor of a Mexican town. Aqua Prieta near Douglas, AZ is truly Mexican but I was uncomfortable there. It's also known for drug running and human smuggling. I've never heard of any day tours.

Alll the advice we have received is to cross the border early in the day and put as much distance as possible between it and you by mid afternoon as possible.

We crossed at Del Rio last June to have dinner at Crosby's.  We felt perfectly safe. 

I agree with Jeff about when to go.  One other thing.....don't drive over.....take a taxi or walk.

There used to be some really neat crossings such as Boquillas in Big Bend and Lajitas, which is just up river out of the park.  They would take you across the river in a jon boat, then give you a burro or pickup into town to eat, however following 9-11, those crossings were closed.

Larry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom