Can anyone tell me the make/model of this RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sactowner

I am thinking of purchasing this abandoned RV from a storage unit auction to remodel it into a weekend warrior for this summer. I have searched the RV all over and am unable to find a year or make and model of RV and can't get inside to see if there is anymore information before I buy it. Can anyone out identify this beauty in disguise?

Attachments

• giants 038.jpg
    giants 038.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 245
  • giants 039.jpg
    giants 039.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 248
  • giants 040.jpg
    giants 040.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 187
I was thinking it shows some characteristics of a Winnegbago but haven't been able to pinpoint the year or the model.

I appears to be a 70/s vintage but I don't think it is a Winnebago.  Could be a challenge trying to determine the make but hopefully somebody will recognize it.

As Ron said, it doesn't look like the early mini Winnies (Braves), their front cap sloped forward.

Good luck in your quest, let us now how it comes out.

Here's a link with a collection of Winnebago photos 1966-present.  None of them look like matches as Jeff & Ron said.

This page has a 1970's Georgie Boy photo that doesn't seem to match up either.

If this link comes through, it's supposedly a 1970-something Ford Shasta Class C.

So far all I can tell you is what yours is NOT.  ;)  All of these I found in Google by searching "vintage RV photos" and "1970's RV photos", so with some more searching and a little patience I'm sure something would turn up.

Mid 70's Pace arrow or Custom because of the location of the headlights being higher on the front than most all other rvs that had them lower on both sides of the grill.

This looks to me like an old Southwind from the early 70's or maybe even late 60's.  If you can find a picture of a Southwind from that time frame, I think you will see the similarities.  The "Southwind" name was usually prominent on the front end of the coach with a placard, but it looks like this one is missing that.  Good luck.

Dan

I have a mid '70 Midland from dodge and it doesn't look anything like that, so there is another you can scratch from your list of possibles. wish they would put the vin in the window like cars then you could do a DMV look up. looks like the plates are still on there you could try the DMV for those, not sure what the regulations on that in your area are though.

cross off the late 60-s early 70's Explorer - not one of those (I had thought maybe, until I searched those and found pics of a 1968 and 1970 - those have flat fronts).
seems like I have seen one like that somewhere.....
I'll check some more.

Champion headlights were about center height on both sides of the front grill and there was a lip coming out below the front windshield.

I couldnt find a futura anywhere  on the web except for the ford futura car.  I did find a beechwood that look similar but no cigars.

Is there any way to see it without signing up for the RSS feed?

sactowner said:
I am thinking of purchasing this abandoned RV from a storage unit auction to remodel it into a weekend warrior for this summer. I have searched the RV all over and am unable to find a year or make and model of RV and can't get inside to see if there is anymore information before I buy it. Can anyone out identify this beauty in disguise?

It should have a 'vin' number which will tell you about the chassis at least. Owner should have a copy of the title and it should match.

I'd bet good money it's a 1974 to 1977 Pace Arrow or Southwind.

Chances are it's built on a Dodge chassis and has a 318 engine (appearing in a number of iterations since 1st introduced in 1955) with the old 727 Torque-flight transmission, arguably the best engine/trans combo Chrysler ever made. Be aware that some 1976 and later engines were built in 2 factories, the Mound Road engine plant in Warren, MI and the Mexican plant (the Mexican engines had numerous problems, many being with bad crankshafts and hydraulic valve lifters).

If pre 1978, it does not have overdrive or the lock-up torque converter, which is probably a good thing because there were many,many warranty problems with the converter locking and not disengaging.

Also in 1978, Chrysler introduced what they called the "Lean-burn" ignition system, which was a disaster. For identification purposes, the "Lean-Burn" module was mounted to the side of the air filter housing directly over the heat riser for the electric choke. Normal engine heat would fry them. The North Carolina State Police fixed this problem by moving the "Lean-burn" module to the firewall and blocking off the opening it was mounted to.

There were also problems with the ballast resistors (1970 through 1983) burning out and making it impossible to start after running untill the ballast was replaced.

Then there was the propensity to stall under partial-throttle operation from a stand-still (1973 to 1979), which caused a safety problem when the engine would often stall when trying to get between cars at an intersection.

All these problems are relatively easy to fix but you should be aware of them (if it has that particular driveline).

It's definitely NOT an Explorer, which had the 440 engine and 727 trans combo and was the 1st MH I had.

Maybe simular to what I have. It is a 1977 Dodge Pace Arrow 25" MoHo with a 440. Anyone got a good link that may have photos and/or info on my 77?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom