FMCA Convention - St. Paul - July 14-17, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Who is going to the FMCA convention this summer?  We have an entry date and time of Sat. July 12, 0800-1200 but if there are enough to form a group, we could enter together.  We have reserved in the electric section.

Ned

Marlene & I will be attending but with an entry day of Thursday or Friday. We'll be parked in the governing board/electric area. Let us know when you get there and where you are so that we can get together. We'll also be in Oshkosh June 10-15 for the International Area (INTO) rally. Won't have time to stop in Milwaukee on the way there, but maybe we can get together afterward then, unless you are also planning on the INTO rally.

We won't be at the INTO rally but will get together in St. Paul.  If you can stop in Milwaukee after the rally, let us know.

I'm sure any forum members will get together at the convention, even if we don't caravan in.

Ned said:
I'm sure any forum members will get together at the convention, even if we don't caravan in.

Ned,

We cancelled our reservation  as we would have been cutting our time short in the Maritimes.  Maybe next time.  Russ also cancelled.

Betty

Then we'll see you in Orlando in Nov.  I'll have a big bag for George by that time :)

Ned said:
Then we'll see you in Orlando in Nov.  I'll have a big bag for George by that time :)
If I'm being too nosy please say so, but what's going on in Orlando in November?

The Datastorm USers Rally is at Lazy Days in early November.

It's the Datastorm Users rally at Rally Park.

Barb

Maybe we can meet up with you at Ham Lake CG or somewhere.  We will be at Ham Lake CG July 10th and 11th leaving Sat morn for the Fairgrounds.

I notice in the rally packet received in the mail that power will be turned on in the electrical parking area at 9am on sunday the 13th.  Those of us entering on the 12th could be in for some long generator time if we need to keep cool. I wonder if this is going to be a problem?

This year we're as likely to need heat as A/C in St. Paul :)

We're parked in Lot 30, 2nd street and actually have power today.  We're hosting happy hour today at 4:00pm.  Look for our Holiday Rambler Endeavor with the Datastorm antenna on the roof and join us if you can.

Well we hand another successful and enjoyable happy hour.  Quite windy, but a great day and evening temperature wise also.  It was nice enough to sleep with the windows open last night.

We still have no power this morning.  And it's still quite windy.  But i think it's gonna be another great day.

Lot 27 Street 8.... (near the dump station)

Barb

We entered on Saturday morning and got parked in Lot 30 with the power already turned on.  Unusual for this event, there were no long lines in the holding area and we had to wait until a few more coaches showed up before we were sent on our way to the fairgounds.  The day was pleasant with some light breezes and temperatures in the 70s.  The Happy Hour with Dobrins and Weimerts was relaxing.  Sunday was about the same weather, and another Happy Hour was enjoyed at our coach.

Monday was a bit warmer but we went to Mac MaCoy, the Fire Guy's, seminar in the morning.  He is so interesting that no one noticed that he ran over nearly a half hour on his 2 hour session.  We did learn a few things as he is an excellent presenter.  To our delight, Sarah Hale joined us for Happy Hour at our coach along with the Weimerts.  We then all went out for dinner at the Green Mill restaurant in the Roseville mall.  Sarah says hello to all her old friends on the forum.  The day got warmer as it progressed so we were on A/C all afternoon and evening.

Tuesday is when the convention started going in earnest when the exhibits opened.  We started the day with free coffee and doughnuts and a concert by the Frustrated Maestros in back of the grandstand.  While standing there drinking our coffee, I spotted Dewey Kloos, who some of you may remember from Quartzsite 2007.  We had a short chat before he had to leave us.  Frank, Barb, Lorna and I then headed for the exhibits in the Cattle Barn.  They did a good job of covering up the smells :)  We wandered around and visited several vendors.  I now remember how expensive these conventions can be, it cost us nearly $1000 to get out of there :)  We now have a new EMS system with remote monitor and are getting the Henderson Motion Control Units put on our air bags.  A few new smoke detectors and an emergency hammer added to the total (thanks, Mac :) ).

The high today is around 94F and the A/C is running continuously.  Thankfully, the power here is excellent and everyone has a true 30A, at least on our lot.

The crowds are smaller than usual for an international convention and I heard last night there are only 2400 coaches here, but that's unconfirmed.  The tram service is excellent as usual, and most venues are within a reasonable walking distance once you get there.  Our lot is close enough to walk to many of the seminar rooms as well as the grandstand.  Tomorrow we'll go for coffee in the morning again, and visit a few more vendors, maybe look at some coaches, but I expect I'll be back here by noon to get out of the heat.  There are possible thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow too.

Ned, my wife is in the Maestros and will be singing in the morning.  I, however, will be wandering around aimlessly and would like to meet you.  I too attended Mac the Fire Guy's class, good one.  I haven't spent much time in the displays, YET.  I will be be around the chorus in the morning until my first seminar at 9:30.  I almost always wear a tee shirt with the American flag on it and a pair of shorts.  Looking forward to meeting you if possible.  I think I may have said hi to some of your group at Q this winter but we didn't stay the same area as they did, just stopped in to say Hi one afternoon for about 20 minutes or so. 
Thanks  Chuck  of Chuck and Lori

Back
Top Bottom