MOAB rally arrivals and activities 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
This afternoon at 4:30 pm we held a "meet and greet meeting" for the 08 Moab  rally participants who have arrived so far.  We anticipate a total of 16  Rigs,  Not bad for the almost 8 cancellations I can think of.  Those of you not in attendance will be missed but in the True RV Forum tradition we shall carry on and have fun without you.  :)

The line up as we calculated this afternoon is
Terry and Betty Brewer     Site M=18
Lois and Dick Willis             Site M-21
Ray and Liza Down            Site M-21
Jerry and Ardra Fitzgerald   Site M-13
Al and Judy Griefer            Site M-15
Doc and Vera Miller            Site M-16
Liz and Randy Robertson     Site M-14
Phil Bullock                        Site 15
Richard and Linda Sharp      Site 13
Mike and Wendy Lawrence   Site 11
Bernie and Marlene Dobrin    Site 18
Chris and Mimi Pennings       Site M-49
Russ Mahoney                   Site P-30
Saturday Arrivals included
Ken and Shiela Kuch            Site 24
Dean and Linda Stock          Site M-20
Ollie and Judy Carreiro          Site 6

Late word today was that Frank and Barb Weimert (who were to arrive today)  will not be attending as Barb battles health issues and was  sent to Salt Lake City for  treatment.  Kerry and Beth were late cancellations as his mom died and they went back east to attend to family matters.  We  send good thoughts for all who are having troubles just now.

More I'm certain as  the  rally evolves.  The planning meeting will be held at 4:15 in the pavillion   Saturday when everyone has arrived.

Note that I modified the previous post to include the Saturday arrivals.  All 16 rigs are present and accounted for.   This afternoon we held our planning meeting and determined the following schedule of events.  Subject to change of course pending weather and whims. Note that NO potlucks were desired!

Sunday April 27

9:30 am departure.. Offroad vehicle trip to Chicken Corners led by Mike Lawrence.  May include some Geocaching. Bring lunch, FRS radios and chairs.  Social Hour at 4:15

Monday April 28
         9:30 am departure  Firey Furnace Hike led by Jerry Fitzgerald.  Bring lunch and $10. Pizza dinner. Linda  to organize.

Tuesday   April 29
          10 am departure  Arches Parkway very easy hike or ride around PARK.

Wednesday April 30
           Offroad ride  Coming into Arches National Paaark from back side.   Led by Bernie.  Bring lunch chairs  Evening Mexico DVD of Yucatan  at Terry      and    Bettys rig   after dinner.

Thursday May 1, 2008
           Bar M Show and  dinner.  This is a dinner and family entertainment show.   Wendy will provide details $24.95 per person plus tax.

Friday May 2, 2008
        10 am Historic Walk of the City of Moab ( 3/4 mile on foot)  Shopping.   Possibly wear Red Hats? Possible lunch.  Tentatively scheduled  Canyon land $49.99 per person for those who sign up.
Saturday  May 3, 2008
                   Group Lunch at Moab Brewery 3:00.
Sunday  May 4 , 2008
Departure .  Farewell to group! 

Mexican  DVD and Mexican Train to be scheduled

For those following the Moab Rally.  Tonight we presented the " Care Bear Award"  to Lois who has kept us informed about Barb Weimert's health issues and the Chicken Award  to Dean who did not know time change.  The Chicken award will be the gossip award for the trip to share things we wish no one else knew about.

So there you have it ,  subject to change.

Betty

Thanks for your usual excellent organization and reporting Betty.

Betty,

I want to see photographic evidence of the DVD screening of your Yucatan trip. I'm really interested to see if you beat the record for the number of folks in an RV at Moab. See this from the showing of your Copper Canyon trip.

Great trip to Chicken Corners today, 8 cars with 18 people and one dog. Only half were brave enough to go around the final Chicken Corner. Will try to post some pictures tonight, hopefully others will post also.

Wendy
Moab Utah

Thanks for the posts.  This is the first year in quite a while that we are not attending.  Miss you guys.

Shirley and I just returned from a two week trip to the Texas Hill Country.  First week was a wildflower photo shoot. Five other photographers came along. The second was a Lone Star Birds Rally. (As in Bluebird Wanderlodge)  We had a great time with 20 coaches.

Have fun.

Ok here is some more skinny on our rally.  Eight hearty souls hiked Firey Furnace today. Ken and Shiela, Terry and Betty, Bernie, Judy  and our leaders Ardra and Jerry.  We did not get lost once as Ardra took the lead.  We got a 9:30 am start and  were back at Portal by 2:30 and most of us really needed a nap.  It was a beautiful but  strenous hike.

Many in our rally group enjoyed a relaxing day of  errands, naps, sleeping in late and or a bit of in town shopping.  Ollie helped his next door neighbors all morning unhook their Fifth wheel.  Another  tribute to the helpfulness of Rvers.  At Happy  Hour tonight Chris and Mimi won the  Chicken Poop Gossip  award for the best gossip as they went throught the car wash with their sun roof open.  Mimi let out a holler at the first sign of water and when Chris went to fix the roof,  he hit the button to open it full blast! Can't you just hear Mimi  holler?  Chris said he had a pool party all day!

I got and update from Lois and Dick who have spoken to Frank Weimart.  Barb continues her stay in intensive care at InterMountain  Hospital in Salt Lake City.  She has been on blood thinners and no food for past few days.  She has experienced blood clots in her lungs and echo cardiograms reflect  that the left side of heart is operating at only 40 %. If she is up to it Doctors will conduct an angiogram tomorrow to determine more precisely the heart trouble.  She continues to be in need of our prayers and good thoughts.

So that is the news.

Betty

Thanks to everyone for a great rally!  We were only able to stay for a short time, but thoroughly enjoyed it!  In a short four days we were able to take Doc & Vera to Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse State Park, do some shopping and off road on Long Canyon and Shaefer Trail!  We packed alot into a small amount of time.

Unfdortunately, we didn't get to chat with everyone for as long as we wanted to, but even with staying the whole time, that's almost impossible!

Al & Judy

Phil,

I was talking about folks who post their pictures in the forum  ;)

Tom said:
I was talking about folks who post their pictures in the forum  ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0480a.jpg
    IMG_0480a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Phil. Doesn't it feel good to share your photos  ;D

I recognized Vera Miller & Judy Griefer in the second photo, and Doc & Vera Miller in the third photo, but I'm struggling with the first one.

Tom said:
Thanks Phil. Doesn't it feel good to share your photos  ;D

I recognized Vera Miller & Judy Griefer in the second photo, and Doc & Vera Miller in the third photo, but I'm struggling with the first one.

And, probably the fourth one.  :)

Back
Top Bottom