Info on Sandpiper 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1911fan

I'm looking at an exceptional 2003 Sandpiper 35' 5th wheel, but it has no underbelly insulation.  Can anyone offer any advice on how this unit would be for cold weather use?  Not below zero use, but maybe sometimes under 25 degrees.  Most use would be summer/early fall, but occasionally late fall.  Is it possible to add some underbelly insulation to make it more cold weather friendly.  I found only 3 heat vents in the floor, two in living/kitchen area and one in the bedroom.  Bathroom has no heat vent which makes me wonder how cold weather capable this camper would be.  Any thoughts/advice?
Thanks.

Sounds like it will be a chilly one when the temps drop into the low 30's.  If you have electric power, a small heater will still probably keep it comfortable enough, though the floors will be cold. If not, the LP furnace will be running a lot.

The other issue is exposed or nearly exposed water lines. Hard to judge, since they are often covered but not insulated. If the temps drop below freezing for a few hours overnight, water lines are generally not an issue, but if below freezing for 8+ hours, the lack of insulation on exposed water tanks & lines could be a problem.

Gary:

Thanks for the response.  My plan is to insulate the underbelly as best I can and looking at what the manufacturers provide I don't think it will too hard to duplicate.  I'm not sure of the r value of the sidewalls though.  I think with a little effort the unit can be somewhat cold weather friendlier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom