2008 Southeast Spring Rally Underway Early!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Gary. We've been to the Grand Ole opry during a live performance, but wondered how Carrie Underwood's performance was. We didn't get to see it on the air last night. Glad everyone had a good time.

Giles and Suzanne

We were very happy to meet you and are sorry we weren't around to say goodbye when you pulled out yesterday. While Marlene and I knew a lot of the attendees from previous meetings, this was our first SE rally and we also were impressed and had a great time. Your cooking at happy hour and the breakfast added a lot of enjoyment as well. Keep on learning and I hope we get a chance to see you both again at another Forum rally or at an FMCA rally.

Giles and Suzanne

It was a real pleasure to meet both of you and to get to know you.  Was so sorry we missed you leaving yesterday and glad to hear that you made it home ok in all that wind.  Thanks for the great food that you prepared for us at the breakfast on Saturday.  We certainly hope to meet up with both of you again down the road.

Tried to find a video of the induction of Carrie Underwood but just found a phote of Garth Brooks and Carrie Underwood, taken at May 10, 2008. Maybe a video is presented later.
BTW: Looking around at www.opry.com I read that Opry member Eddy Arnold died May 8 at the age of 89 years. I have a tear in my eye...

Garth Brooks made the presentation of the membership "award" but did not sing with Carrie.  Vince Gill did a number with her later in the show. She did a great number to open the tv portion of the show and then a couple songs before and after the ceremony. I'm not a huge Carrie Underwood fan (there were a lot of them in the audience, though!) but she's excellent performer and appears to be a down-to-earth person as well.

We pulled out of the Rally around 1:00PM after a great five days; Gary and Nancy are ALWAYS great hosts and Nashville was even better yet.

We might take a lesson from the SE rally when planning the Western spring rally; it is always nice to have new surroundings to explore.

Thanks you two for a very nice time. 8) 8)

We are now down to 6 rigs with more (including Nancy & I) departing tomorrow.  Today, after saying good bye to several of our number, most of us  toured Belle Meade, a 19th century Tennessee plantation famous for raising thoroughbred race horses. Came back for  a final happy hour, potluck dinner and campfire.  Jeanette Reavis surprised Nancy with a birthday cake (don't ask her age!) and we all sang the traditional song. We were all pretty tired after a week of fun and retired rather early.

Jeff Cousins said:
We might take a lesson from the SE rally when planning the Western spring rally; it is always nice to have new surroundings to explore.

Jeff,

Thank you for expressing that.  It is exactly how I feel.    I have had many foum members express the same thing to me in person and via email.

Betty

We're left all alone at Countryside Resort as everyone else pulled out this morning.  The place is really empty tonight.  It was a very enjoyable and fun rally.  Thanks to Gary and Nancy for organizing it yet again.  There's something to be said for smaller groups, it's easier to get to know and talk to everyone.  We had several new members here this time and we think we made a good impression :)  I'm sure we'll be seeing them all again in other places.

This was perhaps the best SE Rally ever - a great group of people all enjoying each others company and a really nice park as well.  And all the first-timers enjoyed themselves and plan to attend future rallies!

Tonight we are ensconced in a nearly empty COE park in KY, the Wax Recreation Area on the Nolis River/lake, about 15 miles from Mammoth Cave.  Huge 50A sites and we even have good satellite reception. It's far off the beaten path, though - about 15 miles and I was beginning to think the road would become a trail before we got to the park!

RV Roamer said:
The Grand Ole Opry was splendid - everybody who went had a great time!  It was a bit strange - the show is broadcast live on radio (WSM - the Opry's own station) and one hour of it is on tv as well. They do radio commercials as matter of course during the entire show and during the tv segments you can see the camera men on & around the  stage doing their thing. And the stage hands changing the stage set-up between each act.  They also show the audience on the tv, but we weren't close enough to the stage to be seen on camera.

Even though we had "nose bleed" seats in the balcony, we had a 8+ foot tv screen near us so we could always see the stage up close when we wanted. And the audio was, well, like being there!

Gary,

I always enjoy watching the backup chorus. Carol Lee leads the 4 member group and you can watch her hand signals for changes in pitch or other musical variations. She has even written a book on it. I believe her mother was there before her. Quite entertaining for me.

Sorry we missed your departure. We reallly enjoyed your cooking. It was great.

As always Gary and Nancy were the greatest rally host and we really enjoyed it. It was really great to see old friends
and to make new ones.

Daver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom