TV converter box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtjennin

Is there a TV converter box made for motor homes, this is the box that will convert a digital signal to analog when the TV stations switch over. I have a $40 coupon for the box.

WalMart is selling one for $49.95.  Will work fine and it is what I plan to use.  Camping World also has one made by Winegard but it cost more.  There are several manufactures making them, but any should be fine in your RV.

rtjennin said:
Is there a TV converter box made for motor homes, this is the box that will convert a digital signal to analog when the TV stations switch over. I have a $40 coupon for the box.

I got a very small one from Circuit City that works great in my motor home and has a nice remote control.  It was $20 with the coupon.

Phil

We got the RCA box at Wal-Mart for $50 less the $40 coupon. It is wired into my coach setup between the antenna lead and the input/output box control. Used it today with heavy rain blocking DirecTV and it works great. Even adds a program guide to over the air programming.

I have two of them, different brands, both work fine, don't matter if they are in a house with a foundation or a house with wheels, they work the same in either house

One word of caution:  Most of the boxes do NOT PASS analog, and I'm told the ones that do, do it poorly.

There is a simple work around, I posted it in another thread here You need a splitter a switch and a couple of patch cables.

Here's the previous thread on this topic.  I applied online for my $40 gov't coupons quite awhile ago, and was told the distribution process is several months delayed.  From some brief research I did on the available boxes out there, the RCA (cheapest and available at most Wal-mart stores) received the highest ratings.  Good news!

I applied for the coupon a couple of months ago and got it three days ago. Installed the box and tested it yesterday.

Based on reviews I got the Zenith because it has a feature called EZ Add that lets you add and delete channels very easily. For us full timers moving around a fair amount that is a nice feature.

It was quite a challenge getting the coupon on-line since it knew my Alternative Resources mail forwarding address was a business. As I recall I finally had to  check a box that said "My address does not accept mail" - or something like that.

The Insignia (Best Buy House Brand) is identical to the Zenith

I don't know how  valuable that feature will be cause you can re-scan very easily when you re-park

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom