Truck camper bathrooms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

holdem

Do truck campers have bathrooms with a shower? I've never been in one to know. Thanks.

Larger truck campers do have bathrooms.  They are usually a combination of shower, sink and toilet in one small room in the rear overhang area of the camper.  My first RV was a truck camper that would sleep 6 people - 2 in the cabover, 2 on the dinette/bed, and 2 in bunk beds on the opposite side.  It did have a small bathroom with sink, toilet and shower all in one room.  My wife and I and 4 sons outgrew it before long and we sold it and bought our first motorhome.  It felt like a mansion compared to the truck camper, but we shure had some good times camping with that old truck camper.

Dan

There are basically two kinds of bathrooms in the truck campers I have looked at over the past year - wet bath (you take a shower in the toilet area) and dry bath (there is a separate shower).  The wet bath ones are more prevalent than the dry bath ones.  The dry bath ones are heavier.  When looking at floor plans on the web, keep in mind if you don't see a separate shower stall, there is either no shower or a wet bath.

Well said, but the bath is not necessarily in the rear.  I just traded in an Alpenlite, the bath with sep shower was pass side forward.  Kitchen and dinette slide were at the rear.

For use, a dry bath is so much better, the wet bath is just that.  We have had 4 TC's, 3 with wet baths, and we only used our inside shower facility a few times, relying on the CG's or the outside shower.  The last TC had the dry bath and we used that every time. 

It all depends on where you will go and for how long. 

Back
Top Bottom