Great mail forwarding service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

I though I would let everyone know about Mail Link (http://maillinkplus.com). A dream come true for RVers. It is located in Las Vegas which is in the personal income tax, low vehicle registration and low vehicle insurance state of Nevada. You get a piece of snail mail and they send you an email immediately letting you know what size it is and who it is from. They will open it and scan it if you wish. You want it deleted, forwarded or scanned simply takes an email or a phone call. It costs $10 per month and $2 plus postage for them to forward. I have been using this service for several years and I am extremely happy with Eric's service.

Las Vegas is in the Low vehicle registration state of Nevada?

Registering my MH in LV woudl cost me in excess of 1,000 dollars

Here in Mich, it's down to around 300, was 400 when it was brand new

low vehicle registration and low vehicle insurance state of Nevada.

NOT!  Registration is equal to or higher than California.  Insurance is high because of the high rate of vehicle thefts - out of people's open garages not to mention off the street - and high incidence of accidents, especially those caused by red light runners.  Whoever told you these are low is misinformed.

ArdraF

The price of $10/month ($120/year) plus $2/shipment and postage isn't very attractive compared to services like the Escapees Mail Service.  I wouldn't want an email every time a piece of mail arrives in my box either.  If something important is expected, I can have Escapees FedEx my mail package overnight to wherever we are.  Why would I want a stranger opening and reading my mail to me?

$120 per year VS no charge at FMAC.  We have used FMCA for the past four years and have had not one problem unlike some off the others. 

From what I have heard about registration etc in Nevada I am afraid you have been mis informed.  Try TX much cheaper and Escapees mail service would be hard to beat and costr is less than you mentioned.

Would just having a mailbox and mail forwarding service in NV qualify you as a Nevada resident?

This is one of the things we discussed in QZ a few years ago.

I believe there are FOUR states that allow "Full timers" to be legal residents

Nevada, Texas, Florida and I forget

Really ... There's a fifth one too, but it does not count:  The state of Confusion (And a 6th, Poverty,and.. Well you get the idea)

But there are 4  Geo-political states

A full timer can become a resident of any state by taking the necessary steps to establish domicile.  Those 4 states don't have a monopoly on full timers.  There are a few states that a preferable for establishing a domicile but there is no reason you can't domicile in your state of choice as long as you meet the legal requirements.

We have members here that are domiciled in Montana, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Illinois and probably several other states.

Tom said:
Would just having a mailbox and mail forwarding service in NV qualify you as a Nevada resident?

I don't know. I have my drivers license, my insurance, my motorhome registration, and my phone number all from Nevada and I was a Nevada resident since long before I hit the road full time.

>From what I have heard about registration etc in Nevada I am afraid you have been mis informed.  Try TX much cheaper

I paid $60 to register my van this year in Nevada. It has boutique plates. I would like to hear from everyone who paid less to register their vehicle and I would like to know what state it is in. My insurance costs my $19 per month. It has gone up lately it was only $12 per month 5 years ago. All those who can beat that please let me know.

I just got a 32 foot 97 Jayco Class C and it was purchased in Denver. We went to the DMV and got a 15 day temporary sticker for $6 and we are headed to Las Vegas next week. I checked the Nevada DMV web site and it will cost us a whopping $77 to register it. We will have to pay no sales tax since any private party purchase after Jan 1, 2006 is not subject to sales tax. Sounde dirt cheap to me.

Ned said:
The price of $10/month ($120/year) plus $2/shipment and postage isn't very attractive compared to services like the Escapees Mail Service.  I wouldn't want an email every time a piece of mail arrives in my box either.  If something important is expected, I can have Escapees FedEx my mail package overnight to wherever we are.  Why would I want a stranger opening and reading my mail to me?

Well the Escapees Mail Service only uses Fedex or UPs which means there are many places I go to that I couldn't get my mail delivered to me, like the Grand Canyon, where I spend a month or two every year. They charge $185 a year for their service. Mail link charges $10 per month or $100 per year. And since Fedex or UPS can only deliver to a real address how do your get your mail delivered? I get mine sent to General Delivery and almost any post office. Fedex and UPS will not deliver to a post office general delivery, lord knows I have tried. I fail to see the advantage of EMS.

travler said:
$120 per year VS no charge at FMAC.  We have used FMCA for the past four years and have had not one problem unlike some off the others. 

I did a Google search on FMAC and came up with nothing. What is it?

You are badly misinformed.  Escapees mail service is $85 (not $185) a year and they will ship USPS (not UPS) or FedEx.  We often get our mail sent to General Delivery which is available almost everywhere.  Most campgrounds will also allow mail to be sent to you at the park.  We have never been anywhere in 11 years of full timing when we couldn't get our mail when we wanted it.

FMCA, Family Motor Coach Association, (not FMAC) is free except for the postage, but you don't get a choice of when your mail is sent, it's based on your last name as to which day of the week it's sent, but it can be sent anywhere the USPS will deliver.  For many people, that's a very reasonable service choice.

Ned said:

You don't have to get an email every time you get a piece of snail mail, that is an option. You can just check the contents of your mailbox anytime you are online and you can have it forwarded anywhere and anytime you want. And if you don't want a stranger opening your mail and scanning it for you then don't ask them to do it, it is an optional service.

FMCA is Family Motor Coach Association.
In Utah I pay $10 dollars a year for registration of my 99 pickup and $25 dollars for registration of my 05 Motor Home.  I dont pay any taxes since I am a disabled veteran that makes me tax exempt. 
I pay 110 a month for my motor home and 77 a month for my truck for full coverage insurance.
I am from Utah
Also I pay United States Postal Service the cost of forwarding my mail to me and that is all and that is cuz I have a permanent mail box.  On average its from 8 to 11 dollars per week. 

seilerbird said:
I did a Google search on FMAC and came up with nothing. What is it?

It's FMCA -- Family Motor Coach Assolciation.  You must own a motorhome to belong to FMCA.   Membership is $35 per year.  We have used both FMCA and Escapees Mail Service and both were excellent.   We also used EZ4U Mail Service out of Boring, Oregon.  EZ4U was $120 per year plus postage and Debbie did a wonderful job of forwarding our mail for the last two years we were on the road.  Choosing a mail service is an individual choice based on features which are important to your particular style of RVing.  There are many good choices out there.

Besides mail service, FMCA has a very good Medex air or surface ambulance policy which is free to members if you are a certain number of miles from your home base.  I think it might be 50 miles? -- can't remember.  Someone on the forum will correct me if I am wrong ... please.  ;)

Margi

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom