Wiring a Prodigy brake controler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1Longbow

I picked up a used Prodigy controler from a friend,but he can't remember how its was wired. I'll be putting it in a 08 Dodge using thier harness. The harness from the controler has a BLUE ,BLACK ,WHITE and a RED wire coming from it. Could I get alittle help on which goes where as not to short something out. Thanks --1Longbow

1Longbow said:
I picked up a used Prodigy controler from a friend,but he can't remember how its was wired. I'll be putting it in a 08 Dodge using thier harness. The harness from the controler has a BLUE ,BLACK ,WHITE and a RED wire coming from it. Could I get alittle help on which goes where as not to short something out. Thanks --1Longbow

Try the Tekonsha website. You can d/l the wiring instructions. Hopefully it will cover your unit. I just did a search on prodigy controller and found it.

You can buy a wiring connector that plugs to your Dodge harness and plugs into the prodigy, there by eliminating any guess work.  Camping world has them and you can probably order one directly from Prodigy too..

1Longbow said:

black power, white ground, red brake switch, blue to brakes on trailer, great controller.
PS do not forget the diode!

Back
Top Bottom