Palm Springs to ???? for the summer months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nrglog

OK here it is,

We are thinking of upgrading our MH and moving into a "buy your site" in Palm Springs  and selling the house, but we do not want to stay there in the summer months, June, July, Aug, & Sept.  We are looking for a place, local, where we can maybe rent for these four months.  We live in Southern California and would like to stay around the area because all family are here.
You know, as writing this I can see no reason why we couldn't consider these 4 months a vacation so I would consider a nice beach area anywhere on the west coast.  I must admit I like comfort so a place that would be available to nice restaurants,beach, nice cozy evening bars, would be just great.  I know, you are wondering who the heck is this person
well, like a lot of others I'm sure, we may be considered senior citizens  we still like to party.
Thanks you all  for your information we are newbees.

Are taking a trip to Cape Cod this July to watch our U.S.C. baseball player grandson play in their league.  I am a proud Grandma so I will tell  you he is being touted by many major league baseball  teams and is considered, at this time, to be drafted 1 or 2 next year as long as he stays healthy, not that it is of much interested to you all.

Thanks for info.  I really love this site and would like to know how to post different places on it

GLO

nrglog

I too live in So. Cal. (San Diego Co.).  We have friends who have purchased a second home in the P.S. area and we have visited them several times at various times of the year.  Consider this...P.S. is hot in the summer - as you know, in the high 100s for several months at a time.  The winters, though mostly nice in the day, can also be bitterly cold at night - after all it is the desert.  IMO MHs are not well insulated for the extreme temperatures that P.S. area is subjected to.  During the summer, my friends run their a/c day and night, day after day.  In the winter, their FAHU is running most nights.  That gets real expensive on an annualized basis.

If contemplating a 'buy your site' consider California Resorts at Aguanga...about 10 miles east of Temecula and perhaps an hour southwest of Indio/P.S.    It's a really nice facility...I was impressed...and the climate would certainly be more temperate. 

As for summer rental properties...look into what Oceanside has to offer (30 mins west of Temecula).  There are quite a few 'long term' vacation rental properties right on the beach and all within walking distance of the harbor and newly developing downtown area.  Oceanside is probably the best value of all So.Cal. beach communities, whether buying or renting.

BT

A lot of the Palm Springs RV folks migrate to the Big Bear area of the San Bernardino Mts right next door.  The air is a mite cooler at 8000 feet --  30 to 40 degrees cooler.  There are a number of RV properties there.  On the beach in Central CA are Pismo Beach and Oceano.  Morro Bay, near San Luis Obispo is fine.  Inland at Buellton in the Santa Ynez Valley wine area is the Flying Flags RV resort.  A nice area with good restaurants, wineries and vineyards and Santa Barbara within easy commute.

Down in San Diego you have the Chula Vista RV restort. pricey but not bad for the area.

Back
Top Bottom