Historic UFO Sighting Info Released By UK Government

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys

I thought a few of you might be interested to know that the UK Government has just published archived files from UFO sightings.

The documents are available to download free of charge for the next month.

The link for info is at NATIONAL ARCHIVES

On a different subject, we had a laugh last week when the archives revealed the UK Government were really worried about what to do in the event of a nuclear attack - apparently, they were concerned were we would run out of tea.  ;D

Does the US have a similar method of releasing older secret files such as our National Archives?

Thanks
Paul

Yup, the National Archives.  http://www.archives.gov/   Current records, including classified, are made available thru the Freedom of Information Act -- security sensitive material may be blanked out by the government tho.

Wow, well I downloaded one out of curiosity, and if they all are like that, one could go blind very quickly.  The whole thing was black bacground and white text.  I got through about 5 pages and looked away and couldn't see a thing.  I guess that must be their way of making you lose interest!  Boy, talk about the computer bug eyes!

They looked like the average normal govt documents.  Couldnt find a one that was really interesting. 

edjunior said:
Wow, well I downloaded one out of curiosity, and if they all are like that, one could go blind very quickly.  The whole thing was black bacground and white text.  I got through about 5 pages and looked away and couldn't see a thing.  I guess that must be their way of making you lose interest!  Boy, talk about the computer bug eyes!

Out of curiousity Ed, are you referring to the UK or the US archives, and if the US, what was the document?

LOL

I posted the link before I went out this morning.

Ive just downloaded that first PDF and agree that it is a bit tough to get through.

The following link may be a little easier to read - see BBC Website

Paul

PS will have a look at the US stuff when I get a chance.

.. will have a look at the US stuff when I get a chance.

Paul, don't expect to understand any of it. US government documents are notoriously unintelligible. About the only thing worse are CA state DMV douments.

I think the only CA civil servant who has been fired for cause within the last 10 years was one fellow who wrote such a document in plain English.

LOL Newt. When we expect new visitors from the UK, I send them a copy of the CA DMV driver handbook ahead of time as "bed time reading"; Since they'll likely be borrowing one of our cars, I feel better knowing they've read the rules. When they get here, they usually tell me it was a bit of a joke reading the handbook.

I think both Governments have been covering up the UFO thing.  Why look what we found in the AZ desert just this year.  Could it have been from Roswel? ;D ;)

Attachments

• Space Visitor.jpg
    Space Visitor.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
Ron said:
I think both Governments have been covering up the UFO thing.  Why look what we found in the AZ desert just this year.  Could it have been from Roswel? ;D ;)

Nice teeth.    ;D

Back
Top Bottom