On the Road Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daisy

Fred & I have hit the road again.  HURRAH!!!!!  We weren't sure this time would ever happen again.  ;)

We are definitely taking our time.  We left SV May 11, and have gone only about 930.7 miles.  ;D    Spent a couple of hours with Don and Peg Miller on our way, who gave us a short cut off our original route.  Thank you for that Don.  Spent about 2-1/2 days at Terribles at Pahrump, NV, due to "inverter", problems.  Some of you may remember a few years back and Fred's whining about getting a new inverter  at the INdio FMCA.  It became a dirty word that year.  He was still whining about it at the QZ Rally, and finally wore me down.  So I agreed.  WELLLLLLLL!  THAT inverter went down.!!!!!!  I don't know all the details, nor do I care to know, but we will be able to travel without it, by whatever Fred and the technician figured out.

We are in some of the most desolate country in the world.  Hwy. 95 through western NV.  There lots of real estate there waiting to be developed.  Come on out and try your luck.  ::)

Anyway, we are VERY happy to be on the road again.  We are definitely taking our time, and will continue to do so on our way to the northwest.  We've changed our planned route twice already, so we have no idea where we are heading and when we'll get there, but do have to be in Sequim by June 1.  We may get there in time?????

Daisy and Fred

Fred and Daisy

Glad to hear that Fred back on his feet and you guys are on the road again.  Safe travels from Ned and I.

Glad you guys are on the road again. 931 miles sounds like a lot to me in 6 days ! And if you had to be stuck somewhere for 2 1/2 days, Terribles in Pahrump ain't a bad place to be stuck !!

If you pass through La Pine Oregon on your way north, yell "Hi" out the window to Mom & Dad.

Happy and safe travels.

Wendy
Cortez CO

If you find yourself on I-5 thru Oregon, please let us know.  We're at Timber Valley in Sutherlin, Oregon, on Lot 177.  We would love to see you again!  I want to show Fred our local atomic test sites.  ;D

I tried to e-mail you our new phone numbers, but did not succeed.  Please let us know a correct e-mail address.  Ours are [email protected] and [email protected].  Just spent a delightfull couple of days with Barb and Frank Weimart here in Sutherlin. 

Margi and Tom

Thank you very much for stopping by. Peg and I really enjoyed your visit. Glad the short cut worked out. Please plan on stopping by on your way south.

Glad to hear you guys are on the road again.  Should you get anywhere near Lewistown in your travels you know you are always welcome at Sam's Camp.  Have an enjoyable and safe journey.

Daisy:

The last time I took Hwy 95 from Reno down to Las Vegas Sue told me to let her know the next time I planned to go that way so she could fly and meet me at the other end.  ;D

Hi Fred & Daisy,

Really great to hear you are on the road again! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Wish we were out there.

Tom and Margi said:
If you find yourself on I-5 thru Oregon, please let us know.  We're at Timber Valley in Sutherlin, Oregon, on Lot 177.  We would love to see you again!  I want to show Fred our local atomic test sites.  ;D

Margi,

You have them out there too??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

What's wrong with Hwy 95 between Reno and Vegas (other than some incredibly dull scenery)? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wendy

Ron said:
There is a reason some refer to highway 95 between Reno and Vegas as the loneliest highway. ;D

I thought that was Hwy 50 thru Nevada?? Maybe there's more than one "Loneliest Highway"?

Wendy

Daisy said:
Fred & I have hit the road again.  HURRAH!!!!!  We weren't sure this time would ever happen again.   

Fred and Daisy,
We are thrilled that you are back on the road but we are sorry that it does not look like our paths will cross this summer.  We are doing Terry's farewell to the East Coast tour.  I think we are "full timing" again.  We may be home by New Year's.  Maybe we can do Tucson again.  We gasp each time we fill up with fuel but are pressing on.  A good thing about the Forum is that we can keep up with one another's travels.  We are in Remington, Indiana and toured  Fair Oaks Dairy Farm today.  I saw a baby calf being born.  We bought ice cream and cheese.  Life is good.

Betty

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.  We are VERY happy to be traveling again.  We changed our route AGAIN.  We're in Susanville, CA.  and have no idea where we'll be going from here.  May stay another day, or we may head north tomorrow.  Would like to get out of the heat for awhile.  Fred continues to fair well, though the heat and wind have been tiring for him, so we're keeping the miles in his comfort zone.

wendycoke said:
What's wrong with Hwy 95 between Reno and Vegas (other than some incredibly dull scenery)? Inquiring minds want to know.

That IS the problem, incredibly dull scenery......  It goes on forever.

Hwy 50 has the honor of being labled the loneliest road in America, but I would think Hwy 90 through Texas would be a great challenge to it.  It goes on much farther, and when traveling it several years ago, we didn't even see road kill!!!  Speed limits through the one or two towns we drove through was 55MPH.  We were on Hwy 50 West today, and though under construction, is a VERY good road.  Most of it will be 4 lane when they are through with it, from Fallon west.  Don't know anything about going east on it though.....

Jeff, I do have to agree with Sue.  I'll try that on Fred the next time he suggests going that way.  (Actually, it was MY idea this time.)

Margi:  We won't be coming your way, but if we spend any time in Eugene, which is possible, we'll try to drive the toad down if we can; too expensive now with the MH. When are the Hepworths coming back?

Jim & Margi:  We've seen just about all of the Atomic Test sites there are, but none of them will beat the one in AZ.......

Betty:  We'd love to do Tucson again for New Years.  We had a great time.  Didn't do half of what we wanted to, but it was really great seeing some of our good friends
again.

Last night and tonight, only time we've had WIFI, so I'm making the most of it. 

Cheers to all,

Daisy & Fred

We're in Susanville, CA.

You must have driven right past us Daisy. Would have loved to see you both again. Which road did you take, north?

Don,

I gave up on the Datastormers map because a neighbor blocks out my home listing. Also, since they automatically remove listings after some short period of time, I disappear for the months we're home.

Don,

IIRC it has to be updated from settings in the modem. My HN system hasn't worked in over a year.

I always let staff know in the back room where we are and what our travel plans are.

You can update the map manually from the web form or using a program from Don Bradner.  All you need is your latitude and longitude.  It doesn't get anything from the modem, but Don Bradner's program can get the lat/lon from the controller.  The tripod users don't have a controller so they manually input the coordinates.  You don't even have to have satellite internet to put yourself on the map, just be a member of the datastormusers.com group.

Listings expire after 9 days and the server will send you a reminder email before that to tell you to renew the listing.

To keep on topic, Fred and Daisy, have a good summer and it's nice to see you back on the road again.

Back
Top Bottom