On the Road Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you are enjoying the trip Daisy.  No need to put in long miles after all part of the enjoyment is doing and seeing what you want to.

Daisy and Fred:

Tom and I would be more than willing to drive to Eugene for a couple of hours -- lunch?.  It's been way too long since we've seen you.  :D  I remember you two don't like to make travel plans too far ahead (we don't either), so just let us know if/when you get there. 

Wally and Helaine are in Washington right now to attend a baby shower for an expected great grandchild.  They will stay on to watch the Indy 500 race with family.  We expect them back the end of this month and I'm sure they would like to drive to Eugene with us. 

If I can't find an atomic test site in the area, I'll make one up.  Ooops!  That's been done already.  ;) :D

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
Daisy and Fred:

If I can't find an atomic test site in the area, I'll make one up.  Ooops!  That's been done already.  ;) :D

Margi

Great to "hear" both of you on the forum & on the road.  Good memories!

Joel

Daisy & Margi,

That test site in Arizona is a classic!!! I think I have that exchange on the CB on video somewhere, at least part of it. If I can find it when I get back to Florida I'll put it on a DVD. It was on the video that Pat was making when the comments were made. Just won't get Daisy's reaction after Margi's last comment. ;D ;D ;D I did put one of the three tapes I made on that trip on the DVDR harddrive a couple of years ago but haven't edited it since I wanted the other two as well. Maybe this will get me going again. :)

wendycoke said:
I thought that was Hwy 50 thru Nevada?? Maybe there's more than one "Loneliest Highway"?

Wendy

Wendy,

You are correct that it is Hwy 50 through Fallon that is called the loneliest highway in the world but many may also refer to Hwy 95 in the same vein. ;D I imagine there are quite a few around this country.

Jim Dick said:
Daisy & Margi,

That test site in Arizona is a classic!!! I think I have that exchange on the CB on video somewhere, at least part of it. If I can find it when I get back to Florida I'll put it on a DVD. It was on the video that Pat was making when the comments were made. Just won't get Daisy's reaction after Margi's last comment. ;D ;D ;D I did put one of the three tapes I made on that trip on the DVDR harddrive a couple of years ago but haven't edited it since I wanted the other two as well. Maybe this will get me going again. :)

I would love to have a copy when you have time to pursue it.  Daisy was busy laughing while Fred completely pulled the wool over Pat's and my eyes.  I can't believe we were gullible enough to think the Goldwater Range was an atomic test site.  Just goes to show we trusted Fred!  ;)  If Pat hadn't believe him so trustingly, we wouldn't have the video to remember. 

The other stellar memory of that trip was turning the Dick's and Binninger's early morning trip to dump black and grey water into the social event of the season.  Doesn't take much to entertain us, does it.  :D

Margi

Margi,

I'll try to put that DVD together this winter. It was truly the most memorable of all our trips since it was only the second time we had gotten together with forum members at a rally. I'll try to weed out the boring parts and show those that were entertaining.

That trip to the dump site was the best I've ever taken. I agree it doesn't take much to entertain us. :) It's too bad all of the world isn't as fun loving as RVers!

Now there was one other moment that comes to mind. It occurred during our visit with you after you had your coach interior redone and Tom asked Pat how she liked the new slide out. ;D ;D  Well, she really is a blonde! ;D ;D

Jim Dick said:
Margi,

Now there was one other moment that comes to mind. It occurred during our visit with you after you had your coach interior redone and Tom asked Pat how she liked the new slide out. ;D ;D 

Funny you should mention that ... we told that story to Barb and Frank last Friday.  Now, remember, Pat and I are not gullible ... just trusting.  :D

Margi

Tom:

I had/have no idea where you are/were.  Know you anchor in the Sacremento Delta, or someplace like that, but we litterly know very little about CA.  We did not go near Sacremento, but took Hwy 395 out of Sparks, NV.  We're still in Susanville, and have just noticed there are two roads out of town.  Now the dilemma!  Do we turn left or right????  We'll figure that out in the a.m. when we "think" we will leave.  Having trouble with this heat though.  We both just want to lay back and keep cool in the a/c and not bother to move....  But the sooner we get to the coast, the quicker relief will come.  We are sort of slow learners.

Joel, it has been a long time since we've seen you and Camille.  Are you coming west any time soon??? 

Margi.  Will let you know when/where we can meet.  Guess we'll miss Hepworths, since we want to do some coastal viewing before settling in for the summer. 

Jim and Margi.  That was really a fun trip!!!  Remember the oranges down in Lukeville, Pat????  Fred's lips are still blistered...... ::)  How's yours?

Daisy

Hi Fred & Daisy,

Glad to see you're on the road again. I take that this means all is well with Fred's recovery and he back to being his old grouchy self.

Right now Laurie and I are at  Lake Cochiti COE campground, SW of Santa Fe. Have a great hill top site with a 360 deg view. Next stop on Thursday will be Canyon DeChelly. We plan to stay there over Memorial Day. We're going to follow your suggestions for the Indian guided tour.

Chet18013

Chet:

You made good time.  We love that COE that you are at.  Stayed a week there if I remember right.  Doesn't look like our paths will cross, as we missed UT this trip.  Our loss!

We're very happy to be on the road again.  I won't say that Fred has recovered completely, since he still tires quickly, but we're trying to take it slowly.  Can't say he's back to his old grouchy self either, since the meds he's on are keeping him somewhat mellow...... :D  I rather like that part of recovery  :p

Daisy

Daisy,

Yes, we're in the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta, approx 1 hour southwest of Sacramento. Since I thought you were headed north, I assumed you'd taken I-5, which would bring you within 20 miles of us.

Daisy said:
Fred's lips are still blistered...... ::)  How's yours?

Luckily, we had to make a phone call at just the right time and missed the blisters .  We all surely learned that there are oranges ... and then there are oranges.  :D

You may have another shot at connecting with Wally and Helaine as they will be back in Washington late July or early August for the birth of the great grandchild.

Daisy

Fred & Daisy:

Glad you are out on the road again.  We wish you many great miles ahead.

Shirley and I are headed up to the Maritime Provinces this summer.  Soon there will be fewer RV's on the road with the fuel prices limiting many.  Hope to see Russ, Terry & Betty and Jeff & Sue up there.

We just got back from a short trip to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma.  Great trip and lots of good photos.

Daisy,

Pat said her lips are fine and she'll never eat another orange from a tree!!! ;D ;D ;D I think we had the most fun on that trip. Others were great but that one was something to remember forever!

I see I fouled up my previous message.  Everything turned up lavendar with Daisy's tag line instead of mine.  Oh, well.  Old horse ... new tricks ... you know how it goes.  I'll get the hang of it, eventually.  ::)  :D

Margi

Tom:

We're staying off the blue roads where we can, since we are in no particular hurry, and the back roads have far less traffic and hassles.  We've sort of taken a diagonal route from SV to Wash. state.  We've been driving through lots of empty land, some long gone ranches and farms, nice scenery and leisurley traveling.  We've had no problems so far finding decent cgs and a good many now have WIFI.  However, we are now on our 3rd version of our original planned route, and it continues to change as we move towards our destination, so we may yet run into some pitfalls.

Ron,
Thanks for the good wishes on our travels.  Guess we'll be on opposite ends of the country.  Enjoy the Maritimes for us too, since we never got there, and doesn't look like we ever will now.  Our loss, but then we've lived in that part of the world a whole lot longer than out west, and we are thoroughly enjoying investigating this part of it.  And I love it so much more out here.  So much more to see in one great sweep of the eyes than we could ever see in the east..... ;)

That's o.k. Margi, "I" knew that you had said it, and that's the important part, isn't it..... ::)

Wendy, we're in La Pine for the night.  There' are too many people to wave at and none of them are waving back  :p....  I think they all think there's a Kook in the big RV.....  :D

Daisy

Daisy, you must not have passed Mom, cuz she'd have waved back !! Of course, she's not driving for awhile since she had knee replacement surgery last week and is recuperating at home eating Dad's cooking (poor thing).

If you're at La Pine State Park, you're real close to Mom & Dads. So wave again.

Wendy

We're staying off the blue roads where we can, since we are in no particular hurry, and the back roads have far less traffic and hassles.  ....  We've been driving through lots of empty land, some long gone ranches and farms, nice scenery and leisurley traveling.

Daisy, sounds like you could have been traveling around the Delta - lots of small roads and farms.

Back
Top Bottom