Zion River Resort Rally May 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Hello Forum Framily,

Terry and I have made reservations for Zion River Resort, arriving May 2, 2009 and departing May 6, 2009.  We will stay a total of 4 nights and hope to plan this as a Forum Rally called Hop, Skip and Jump as we want to string a series of Campgrounds in Utah together. This will be our first stop.  If you would like to join us here is the  reservation information.  If we have 8 rigs we'll all get a  15% discount off of their prices.  Mention my name and this reservation number to get us parked next to one another.

Betty Brewer  Confirmation Number PXX1000046280

ZION RIVER RESORT RV PARK-CAMPGROUND
730 EAST HWY 9, P.O.BOX 790219
VIRGIN, UT 84779

Phone: 435-635-8594

Check out their website here
1 (800) 838-8594

This is a quote from my confirmation,"Thank you for making reservations at Zion River Resort.  Zion River Resort is a top rated RV resort and has a friendly staff to help make your stay memorable.  Some of the local activities include sightseeing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, golfing, and ATVing.  Several tours and other activities are also available."

"CANCELLATIONS or NO SHOWS made 7 days or less before scheduled arrival date, WILL result in a one night charge.  Rates are subject to change without notice.  "

"We look forward to having you as our special guests.  We honor a 10% discount for AAA, Good Sam, FMCA or Active Military on RV sites only.  Please bring your current identification card "

I know that others may want to join us but will be staying  at  campgrounds elsewhere.   Watch this thread for those sign up details too.

Betty Brewer

Betty Brewer said:
Terry and I have made reservations for Zion River Resort, arriving May 2, 2009 and departing May 6, 2009.  We will stay a total of 4 nights and hope to plan this as a Forum Rally called Hop, Skip and Jump as we want to string a series of Campgrounds in Utah together. This will be our first stop.  If you would like to join us here is the  reservation information.  If we have 8 rigs we'll all get a  15% discount off of their prices.  Mention my name and this reservation number to get us parked next to one another.

Phil and Doris plan to attend and stay 6 nights, Thursday April 30 to Wednesday May 6. 

It's still a year out, but right now Mike and Wendy plan on attending the Hop-Skip-and-a-Jump Rally also. We won't be staying at Zion River Resort but at Watchman campground in Zion National Park. Watchman is 12 miles from Zion River Resort, just inside the south entrance of Zion National Park. We hope others will join us there. Just think of the fun we could have with rally events in two places....a resort and the park, potlucks in one place, 4WD runs in the area, evening programs in the park......

For those who may be interested, here's some info on Watchman:
They take reservations for their busy season, mid-March through mid-October. Campground reservations can be made by calling 877-444-6777 or online at www.recreation.gov 6 months out. The booking window is a 6 month rolling window (where new reservable facilities become available each day for a period 6 months in advance). So if you planned on arriving on May 1, 2009, you would make your reservation on Nov 1, 2008.

Sites:
63 RV electrical sites (30 amp), 24-ft, 40-ft, 50-ft, $18/night ($9 for Golden Age or Golden Access)
16 riverside sites, 24-ft, 40-ft, 50-ft, $20/night ($10 for Golden Age or Golden Access)
pets allowed
Don't know about trees but I believe there are plenty of spots without those pesky trees.

Cancellations: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation for Camping Reservations (including Campsites, Cabins, Group Facilities, etc. If an individual cancels a campsite reservation the day before arrival, or on the day of arrival they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.

Walk-up reservations: Some sites will be available for walk-up campers as first-come, first-serve. In addition, throughout the season, there are reservable sites that are not occupied by persons with reservations. These would probably be easy to get in early May, especially for morning arrivals.

We're thinking of making a Utah Loop Tour next April-May starting at Hovenweep Nat Mon, then going to Kanab, Zion, Bryce and Torrey with the Hop-Skip-Jump group. After Torrey, we'd head to Annabella to visit my sister and end the loop by spending some time in Moab. If we could figure out how to fit North Rim Grand Canyon into the loop, we'd do that, too, but we'd be passing that way in late April and it won't be open yet. But, like I said, it's a year away and, who knows, we might change our minds and decide to spend the spring in California and Oregon or go to Alaska or Montana or stay parked in our driveway. That's part of the fun of RVing, planning for future trips even if you end up not taking them.

Wendy
Cortez CO

Hi Betty,

We will make reservations on the same dates for the Zion RV Resort. Does the 15% group discount include the FMCA discount?
I'm sure you will get mote then 8 rigs.
Did Terry qualify for the Indy 500 and what starting row will he be in. ? Are you not scared to have him drive that Magna in between those rockets ? We will be watching on the TV. Have fun.

chris

chrpennings said:
Does the 15% group discount include the FMCA discount?
Did Terry qualify for the Indy 500 and what starting row will he be in. ?

Chris,
The way I understand the discount is that you get one or the other and since the group discount is bigger than the FMCA, I'd say we take the group discount.  And NO Terry is not qualified for  an Indy 500 drive in the Magna.  I have a capped speed limit of 61 mph to  save fuel money .  But do watch for us in turn 4,  lower seats.  We will be eating junk food as a celebration of being able to attend this race!
Betty

Betty Brewer said:
watch for us in turn 4,  lower seats.  We will be eating junk food as a celebration of being able to attend this race!
Betty

Will you be wearing some outrageous color clothing so we can spot you in the crowd? Or holding up signs saying "RVForum.net loves Indy racing"???

Wendy

wendycoke said:
Will you be wearing some outrageous color clothing so we can spot you in the crowd? Or holding up signs saying "RVForum.net loves Indy racing"???

We will be wearing something warm.  It has been cool and windy here and it's forecast for possible showers so I'll have us bundled up in layers under hats. So likely we'll look just like veryone else from a distance.
Betty

Betty,

The day after Memorial Day we will be driving from Dayton to someplace north of Indy on our way to Milwaukee on June 1st any chance of meeting you somewhere?  It would be great to see you.  Over Memorial Day weekend we will be in Springfield between Columbus and Dayton, OH  Enjoy the 500.

We won't be out west next spring since we are staying at our lot in TX for the winter.  Sorry that we will miss the Hop, Skip and Jump, that would be fun.

Betty,

Sheila and I will be making reservations. I will check with Judy and Ollie to see if they are going - then I will reserve two sites. We should get at least 8 coaches for the group discount. What type of site did you reserve?

Did you talk to them about their group "dining area"?  I see they also do catering. If not too expensive maybe a catered meal rather than all going out to a restaurant together? I assume for a catered meal they would allow the folks who will be staying at Watchman.

This will be my last vacation! On vacation I don't worry about cost, time is too precious - BUT if we go the following year I will probably be at Watchmen because diesel is going to eat up my travel budget.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
We should get at least 8 coaches for the group discount. What type of site did you reserve?

Did you talk to them about their group "dining area"? 

Ken,
I did not specify a site but they reserved a pull through for us.  The back in's are a bit less $.    Yes Idid speak to them about the group areas and catering.  I'm sure we can work out many  group get togethers for  folks who choose to stay at either place.  The park I am in now is having a " chili dump."  Sounds like everyone brings something to dump into a big pot to make chili.  Sounds like a possibility for  a group thing. 
Betty

re " chili dump." I can supply raw jalapenos!

I have reserved Zion an am next to Betty and Terry

Tom & Chris are reserved in Zion River Resort for May 2 through 6. Haven't yet decided if we might arrive sooner.

Betty, thanks for taking the lead on this. Sure made it easy to call and have the lady say "you're with the group, aren't you?"

Jerry & Ardra are booked at the Zion River Resort RV Park for arrival 5/1 and departure 5/6/2009.  Russ we are next to you.

JerryF

Tom said:
Betty, thanks for taking the lead on this. Sure made it easy to call and have the lady say "you're with the group, aren't you?"

Thanks Tom,

I do love group get togethers.  We missed you in Moab this spring and look forward to next year. 

Betty

Jeff and Sue Cousins are now on the list for 5/2 through 5/6/2009.

We have the hop, where are the skip and jump going to be?

I put a link to this topic on our web site.

Do we have an entry in the calendar? Maybe Calendar Girl will create one when she gets a chance.

We plan to do some fishing in Utah before/during/after the rally, and I've been checking out some possibilities. I'll start a new topic in our Fishing message board when I've done a little more research.

Betty,

Just wanted you all to know that the Lassen's have made a reservation for May 2nd to May 6th at Zion River Resort....Site 16 right behind Terry and Betty. 

Any idea of where the next 2 legs of the Hop/Skip/Jump will be held?  We'd be interested in hanging out with Framily doing the next two stops. 

Tom please keep us posted on your fishing ideas.  We'd be interested in a guided trip but don't know much about Utah fly fishing at all.

Marsha~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom