Zion River Resort Rally May 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I called and canceled our reservation at Zion River Resort this morning. No cancelation fee because it's more than 7 days ahead of the reservation date. The lady asked if, since we were in a group, whether anyone else was going to cancel. I said that, AFAIK, we're the only ones, and also explained that Betty had asked here on the forum for folks to check their reservations.

The Nesbitts, Don and Mary Ann, can join the Skip and Jump parts.  Made reservations at Bryce and Thousand Lakes this morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Don

Fred and I are on our way.  Hanging out at Catalina SP.  If anyone is in the neighborhood we'll be here until Sun or Mon.  Waiting to see what that wind is going to do that is predicted north of us.  Boy, has this place changed since we were here last, about 15 months ago.....  Won't be long before the natives will be clammering to get rid of this park, as it will be in the way of progress....That will certainly be a sad day!!  Bought an air card today and am trying it out.  So far, so good.  Don't notice much difference between that and our cable at home.  See everyone soon.

Daisy

It's blowing pretty good here in Cortez and looking south you can hardly see for the dust blowing. Don't know how far south it goes but it looks crummy from here !

Wendy
Cortez CO

Hop Skip Jump participants.

I have an extra in as good as new condition of a: Centuri Air Cooled Venturi Generator Exhaust system. Camping worlds president price is $ 145.00 plus tax.
I can bring it with me if anybody is interested. Donation of $ 60.00 required.
We are leaving Tuesday 4/28.

chris

Chris:

You need to carry that with you and sell it to the next person who parks next to you at FMCA who does not have one and charge them double! ;D

I've been to rallies where I would have given a generator exhaust system to the person next to me. Ok, maybe not given but certainly loaned !!

Wendy
Cortez CO

Wendy,

After the first day at The Rally I never saw you...I guess you were really serious about the Livingston Wine Tasting booth!!  ;D ;D

Sue

Hey, Sue, I walked the entire indoor exhibit areas several times but I must have been sleeping when I passed your booth because I never saw it !! Would have gone to your seminar but I don't do 8:30 am ! And I did spend some time at the Livingstone Wine tasting.....it was only crowded once and on the very cold day, it was practically deserted. I don't think the separate locations for attendees and displays helped any. Wonder how FMCA is going to solve the problem when they're in Abq next year ? We'll have to do something at the next rally.

Wendy
Cortez CO

Hi All:
Looking forward to seeing everybody at the end of the week.  We leave on Wednesday 4/29 from the Seattle area. 
Safe travels,
Ray and Liza

It's Friday, May 1st and the FitzGeralds have arrived at the Zion River Resort.  We are in site 26 which is a pull through.  There are pull through spaces on both sides of us and back-ins across from us.  The latter backup to a levee along a creek.  This is a very nice park.  The satellite is working.  The aircard signal was too weak and our Verizon cell phones have only one bar.  They do have park wifi and I'm currently using that with our Hawking wireless dish.  The park's wireless is free and it's called ZRR.  Had no trouble getting onto it.  For download we are getting 779 kbps and for upload 519 kbps.

The weather is nice, mid-80s, sunny, and a slight breeze.

Looking forward to getting some company.  Just look for Ardra's whirlygig!  ;D

ArdraF

It's Friday May 1 and the Brewers and Mahoney are boon docked in the  most glorious of spots. We are right at the entrance to Marble Canyon  on the way to Zion just west of Page.  We see many  trailers holding huge river rafts.  We are close to the colorado River  but even though it is 87 outside I am not considering a raft trip.  We will arrive at Zion  in the morning.

Betty, Terry and Russ

Betty, Russ & I are parked in a pullout for the night about 130 miles from the resort.....Be there tomorrow.

Attachments

• Marble Canyon05 (Medium).JPG
    Marble Canyon05 (Medium).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 36
Fred and Daisy are in Kanab, a little more than an hour away.  We will be there tomorrow a.m.  Where's Phil?  Thought he was there already.....

Daisy

Liza and Ray are in the Beaver KOA about 90 miles north. See you in the morning.

Phil and Doris are already here.  They're the second site away from us and were totally blocked from our view by a 5er.  Glad they came and rang our doorbell.  Just as we were leaving for dinner Chris and Mimy arrived so the group is grouping!  ;)  Will look for the rest of you in the morning!

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom