Zion River Resort Rally May 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be really bummed about not being there at the rally except that we had to drive to Kayenta today for a job and came home via Monument Valley....the views weren't as spectacular as they can be (clouds and haze) but it was enough to calm down my psyche.

Y'all enjoy yourselves !!!
Wendy

We plan on pulling out of Sam's Town around 11:00AM in the morning and should be there by mid afternoon.

Jeff, we almost stayed at SamsTown last night.  Decided t get in the middle and are at Circus2.  It was fne, a lot quieter than we were concerned about.  We will be on the road about 10, but need to stop at a Lowes on the way. 

Really looking forward to gettin back in the country, this city camping...  Phoenix for the 3 weeks was NOISY.  Will be nice to have natural views again.

Went to Fremont St last night.  WOW. 

Just realized I haven't updated our status....

Due to family and other issues, we're not going to be able to make the rally. I've canceled our reservation at Ruby's Inn, and I'm about to cancel our reservation at Torrey.

Chris and I are still trying to get out of town, but we'll likely skip Utah this year.

After a superb supper and birthday party for Terry B we stepped out into the late afternoon sunlight and found the Zion canyon walls brightly painted. A near full moon was a bonus.

Attachments

• P1080999.jpg
    P1080999.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
We sure wish we could join you folks.  It sounds like a good time is being had by all.  Perhaps some other time.

Update on rally location.  Hop is over and Skip is here.  We left Zion River Resort this morning and most of us are now ensconced at Ruby's Inn/Best Western campground at the entrance to Bryce Canyon.  Almost time for happy hour!  ;)

ArdraF

Enjoy.  We are now in Huntsville, UT, at Anderson Cove.  Beautiful setting.  About 10 miles thru a nice canyon to Jolenes Dad's house.  We moved up from the bug clogged air at Willards Bay.

Family viit is going nicely.  Pancake breakfast here tomorrow.

Leaving Zion, how did the trip up the hill and through the tunnel go (other than Mimi with sunglasses and no headlights)?

Wendy

Chris should buy Mimi a car with automatic headlights :)

No need to buy another car. The jeep G.C. has automatic lights and it is normally always in that position. Before we went to the tunnel I told here to to turn the headlights on. To day she is reading the manual  ;D

chris

Wendy said:
Leaving Zion, how did the trip up the hill and through the tunnel go (other than Mimi with sunglasses and no headlights)?
Wendy,

There were no problems going through the tunnel at all.  Just pay the $15 and follow  in the car.  We found a place ralative close by after the tunnel to hook up.  It was fun, an adventure!  Those who went around the tunnel  had no problems either.  What a fun travel day.
Betty

I must say it's a thrill when you meet a tour bus going downhill and you're on one of the 20 mph switchbacks near the top on the outside edge and there's no fence or guardrail - just a nice drop down.  Happily I was driving and Jerry followed in the toad so at least I wasn't in the passenger seat.  Don, I give tour bus drivers a lot of credit for driving in places like that!  ;D  Of course, I'll bet some of the tourists they're carrying are closing their eyes!

ArdraF ;)

Back
Top Bottom