Zion River Resort Rally May 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom please keep us posted on your fishing ideas.  We'd be interested in a guided trip but don't know much about Utah fly fishing at all.

Will do Marsha, and thanks for the reminder. I know of one good guide out of Loa that I used, and plan to use again.

We made reservations today from 5/2 to 5/6 at the Zion River Resort. The office confirmed that we have a total of eight in the group

Chris

chrpennings said:
We made reservations today from 5/2 to 5/6 at the Zion River Resort. The office confirmed that we have a total of eight in the group,

Chris and Mimi,

I am thrilled to have  you  join our Hop skip and a jump rally in Utah.  I will now post  the SKIP section of our rally I have just heard from Bryce. You are in charge of bringing the Mexican train rules. ( and  dominoes)

Betty

Betty & Tom,

I'm relieved that we will have Marsha arround, she is the inventer of the modified rules and she will take charge. I don't want to get in trouble with Jerry and Ardra.

chris

chrpennings said:
We made reservations today from 5/2 to 5/6 at the Zion River Resort. The office confirmed that we have a total of eight in the group

I thought we had nine.

Brewer
Bullock
Fitzgerald
Pennings
Lassen
Kuch
Mahoney
Jones
Cousin

I have made  our reservation for the  SKIP portion of our Spring 09 Rally to Utah.

We will arrive at Ruby's Inn Campground (just outside of Bryce Canyon) on May 6,2009 and depart May 9, 2009  A total of 3 nights.

The 08 rates are $31 per night for full hook ups with either 30/50 Amp service.  She said she could keep us together.

They have a 30 Day notice for a group to cancel and 48 hours for individuals to cancel.  You'll need a credit card to hold the reservation which will not be charged unless you are a no show.

Call 435-834-5301 and ask for Shauna to book.   Tell them RVForum as name of group and also mention Betty Brewer so you get with the group.  OR you may bookonline at brycecanyoncampgrounds.com  but I'm not sure you can tell them about the group on line.

I'll get you the JUMP portion when I figure it out.

Betty

Jerry and Ardra have signed up for Ruby's Inn so the Skip portion is taking shape!  ;)  We'll arrive May 6th and depart May 9th.

ArdraF

Ray and I have signed up for both the Hop and Skip portions of the Rally and are anxiously awaiting the decision on the Jump portion.
Cheers,
Ray and Liza Down

HI Ray,

I'm so glad you are going to be on the "Hop..Skip...& Jump.  It will be great to see you and Liza again, since we didn't make it to Moab.

We will be on the first two for sure; but may miss the Jump portion depending on where it is held.  We need to be in Manitoba <spelling> Island, Canada by June 6th for a wedding.

Marsha~

Betty,

OK, I finally made the reservations I said I would make a month ago!

Ken & Sheila and Ollie & Judy are signed up with the group at Zion River RV and Ruby's. At Zion I chose 2 river front backin sites vs the pull throughs, but she said we would be close to the group.

Maybe Torrey should be 5/9 to 5/13,  then we might go to ?????

As you are now in Canada, do you want me to call Thousand Lakes??

Ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Maybe Torrey should be 5/9 to 5/13,  then we might go to ?????  As you are now in Canada, do you want me to call Thousand Lakes??

Ken,

It would be wonderful if you would call Thousand Lakes and make a "group reservation" for our Hop Skip and a Jump adventure.  We would be arriving May 9  and leaving May 13 right?  A total of 4 nights.  That should give us time for pickle pie or pinto bean pie or to Hike Capital Reef.

Please post information on how we make the reservation.  How great is this??  We are in Ontario, Canada "tallking with friends in Phoenix AZ, planning a trip for 2009 in Utah.  I love the RV Forum!

Betty

How great is this??  We are in Ontario, Canada "tallking with friends in Phoenix AZ, planning a trip for 2009 in Utah.  I love the RV Forum!

I never cease to be amazed.  I also love the RV Forum!

ArdraF

Betty,

I made reservations for us for arrive 5/9 and depart 5/16.
When I discussed the group with the person on the phone she said there maybe an issue with the 16th because the Sun City RV group arrives on the 15th.
I gave an estimate of 15 rigs. 
The owner will be calling me in the next day or two to work this out.
I will discuss any discounts with the owner, but their web site says groups of 10 or more get a 10% discount, but that can be combine with GoodSam or FMCA (both also 10%).

If the last day is an issue, I propose that we just cut Torrey short one day.

If anybody calls for reservations, mention the RV Forum Group.

Hope it stopped raining!.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
I made reservations for us for arrive 5/9 and depart 5/16.
When I discussed the group with the person on the phone she said there maybe an issue with the 16th because the Sun City RV group arrives on the 15th.
I gave an estimate of 15 rigs. 
The owner will be calling me in the next day or two to work this out.
Ken,

Thanks for making the call.  What is their website?  I'll post details after I hear back from you on availability of 16th .  Likely we will cut  the Torrey, Capitol Reef, (Thousand Trails) short a day or so.  Terry and I  still want to try to make the North Rim of the Grand Canyon after this Hop Skip Jump  trip. Weather permitting.

When all details are available and posted I will change the title of this thread to reflect the  places we plan to  go (Zion, Byrce,Capitol Reef /Hop Skip and a Jump May 09) Then I'll get it on the Forum  calendar too.

Betty

Hi Betty,

HOP, SKIP, JUMP

We were already  Hoppers  (5/2-5/6 Zion), Today we became Skippers (5/6-5/9 Bryce). Still trying to qualify to become Jumpers 5/9-5/15 0r 5/16) need some more firm data to make reservations
I'm also interested to become a North rim sky diver however I need a lot of practice since my last trial run from the motorhome roof was not to success full.

Hope you enjoy your trip and hi to Terry.

chris

Chris:

After the trip off the roof you are definitely a jumper. ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom