America's Mailbox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobG

Greetings all.

We will be heading west on a trip of indeterminate length as soon as we sell our house - whenever that might be.

Since we will no longer have a home here in Maryland I would like to set up residence in South Dakota since it has no income or property tax, and, to that end, have been reviewing the Web site of a company called America's Mailbox that will set us up as SD resident and also forward our mail.

Has anyone used/heard of this outfit??

Thanks.

Bob

There are a few members here that register in SD and others like myself that use TX.  I am sure that somebody using SD will post what mail service they are using.

Hi Bob

We used Americas Mailbox throughout our 16 month RV tour of the US and Canada.

We moved (on average) every 3 days during that time and never had any problems with Americas Mailbox getting mail to our forward destinations as and when requested.

More often than not that would be every 7-10 days but there were a few occassions where mail was needed ASAP - they never let us down.

Not being a US Citizen/Resident I cant comment on the SD Resident side of things though.

Paul

Bob

We have used The UPS Store in Rapid City for 11 years & have been very happy with their service & flexibility.

Can't help you with America's Maillbox but we have used Alternative Resources in Sioux Falls for 3 1/2 years and use them for just about everything related to our SD residency including originally getting our vehicles switched over, registering to vote, health insurance, etc.

We think www.MyDakotaAddress.com looks good (haven't gone FT yet so haven't used it yet). You might like to check it out. The owner, Terri, has a good reputation for excellent service. They're in Madison, SD, and offer a street address not just a private mailbox.

We have used America's Mailbox for just over a year now.  We usually have our mail sent out about once a month and have had no problems with their service. The owners are full timers and will even give out their own cell phone numbers.  I have called them by mistake, instead of the office and they always have answered or returned my call quickly.  Good folks to work with, in my opinion.
Thanks  Chuck

Thanks everyone.  Greatly appreciate the feedback.

Bob

UK-RV said:
Hi Bob

We used Americas Mailbox throughout our 16 month RV tour of the US and Canada.

We moved (on average) every 3 days during that time and never had any problems with Americas Mailbox getting mail to our forward destinations as and when requested.

More often than not that would be every 7-10 days but there were a few occassions where mail was needed ASAP - they never let us down.

Not being a US Citizen/Resident I cant comment on the SD Resident side of things though.

Paul
If you were moving every 3 days, how did the mail reach you in time?
I mean, I'd assume it takes at least a day or two for a letter to reach you from its time of sending, and suppose in that one day you moved, wouldn't that letter be lost or something?

When I was fulltiming a few years back, I used Escapees' mail service with no problems. I had a number of friends who used the FMCA mail service which seemed to be equally good. Had I stayed on the road, I probably would have gone with FMCA as it's cheaper, all things considered, or was at the time.

Have fun! Lee

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom