Garmin GPS Sun Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

I recently acquired a Garmin 2620 GPS receiver with which we have been very pleased.? ?Has anyone made a hood to protect the glare from the sun as it refelcts on the screen lare in the day coming through the side of the vehicle?? I have been thinking of various materials, like plastic, cardboard or even a rigid opaque fabric.

Perhaps someone has succeeded in a design that works.? If you have a successful design, please attach a photo of your hood along with your reply.

Thanks!

Steve

I agree with Ron, never had a need for a sun screen. IIRC, the 26xx series has a built in light sensor and adjusts contrast for the actual light conditions. If the sideways light bothers you too much, just twist the unit one or two clicks away from the light source. You should still be able to read the screen and the reflection will be directed away.

I have a 2610 that I use on two different mototcycles.  I purchased a sun shield that  really helps on the bikes.  Cost was $19.95, overpriced for what it was.  I later saw it for $14.95.  Let me know if you need contact info for purchase.

Jim Johnson said:
I have a 2610 that I use on two different mototcycles.? I purchased a sun shield that? really helps on the bikes.?

Would you be able to upload a photo of the shield along with your reply to this msg?  I am curioud to see what it looks like

I have a 2610 that I use on two different mototcycles.  I purchased a sun shield that  really helps on the bikes.

Do you find it necessary to use the shield in thw MH or truck?

Sorry for the delay, have just been wrapped up.  No, I do not use it in the car but it is a must on the bike.  I also keep it on daytime setting as the automatic  is not visable enough on the bike at night.

My bike is in the shop and the sun visor is in the bike.  I will probably get it out the first of the week and will upload a pic of the shield then.  It is nothing more than a piece of lined soft plastic that fastens to the 2610 with provided velcro dots.  It has been tested at 140 mph (no, not by me) so it is not going anywhere.

LOL Ron, you planning on doing 140 mph in the coach or the toad?  :)

Steve,

No, I did not forget about the pics of the sunshield and you don't have time to real all the excuses I have for not doing it sooner(G)

But here they are.

Attachments

• P3310113 (Small).JPG
    P3310113 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P3310114 (Small).JPG
    P3310114 (Small).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 20
  • P3310116 (Small).JPG
    P3310116 (Small).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 23
Jim,

Thanks for remembering to show us the sunguard.      How is it held on to the Garmin? 

Regards,

Jim Johnson said:
Ron,

They said they tested it at 140mph at Bonneville.? I have not had any trouble with it up to 80 or so.

OK Now you just remember to put it in the saddlebag before going above 140 now. ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom