Mouse Goes Crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
W

Weewun

Need help or advice. 

Periodically my mouse will go crazy, while the problem is not limited to the Forum it occurs there most often because I spend a lot of time scanning the Form.

The problem exhibits itself two ways:

1. When using the Roller Knob to scroll thru the posting, it will expand or contract, depending on direction of rotation, the Window.  In each case it resets the Page Text Size to Medium from my normal stting of Largest.

2.  The second emanation of the problem is that when I try to switch from Messaging Boards to individual Posts it will create a "new" Web Pafe rather than changin the current Page.  Use to create new Tabs until I shutoff Tabs in IE-7.

3.  When I leave IE-7 the problem will continue to exhibit itself on the Desktop especially in trying to select an application in that it will either not open the application at which time I have to 'right cliick' the Icon and 'left click' on "open" to beable to access the application.  From that point it will always open that application no matter which Icon I click on.  Even right clicking future Icons will open the first application opened subsequent to the failure.

It does not happen all the time but occurs often enough to be extremely annoying.  The only cure I have come with is to Reboot.

Both of those symptons are caused by the Control key being depressed while 1.) The wheel is moved or 2.) You click the mouse.

Could you have a Control key sticking?

I am not anywhere the Keyboard when it happens and, while the 'Ctrl' keys do not appear to be sticking, it doesn't preclude spurious/erroneous signals from same.  I will trade Keyboards with Wife's PC (a clone) and see what happens.

Thks for the input. 

The only other thing I can think of is your mouse driver is corrupted.  You may want to try and completele remove the mouse drivers, and reinstall them.  Just be careful when you do this, as you MAY not have mouse control until you get the drivers restarted.  You may have to move your way around with your keyboard. 

If that fails, your mouse just may be getting old.  Maybe the mouse wants to retire too.  Did you say you needed a new one anyway??!!  ;) ;)

I swapped the Keyboard with Wife's PC and it still does it.  Shall try refressing the Mouse Drivers.

Open the device manager and check the Pointing Devices.  If you see a device listed that you don't have, disable it.  This is especially a problem with some notebooks with a glide pad pointing device.  Windows sometimes thinks there is another pointing device attached that isn't really there.

I had a problem sorta like yours with a wireless mouse (Microsoft). I deleted the mouse software & then let Windows find a reinstall it's own drivers and then all was OK.

Ned, you were right-on, downloaded the Logitech Driver for my Optical Mouse and have not experienced the problem since.  Now I am trying to download "Chipsets" to update some of the other Drivers without much luck.  Will continue reading and see if I can master this.  Shall let you know what happens.

Low batteries will cause strange behavior.  That's why I prefer rechargeable batteries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom