Cant Wait!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WncNative

Hi, Im getting a 1984 dodge xplorer in just 5 days!! I cant wait! I need to install a roof top air but thats all it needs... anyone have any suggestions on the easyest way to install? any tips? thanks

WncNative said:
Hi, I'm getting a 1984 dodge xplorer in just 5 days!! I cant wait! I need to install a roof top air but thats all it needs... anyone have any suggestions on the easyest way to install? any tips? thanks

Congrats!

The toughest part of the install (which I perform alone) is placing the unit on the roof-top.

The method I use is 'The Ramp'...Place 2 wooden 2X8's spaced properly against the roof gutter of the van, 2 or 3 inches over the gutter, then secure together beneath, then also secure the foot of the ramp (which rests on the pavement) with masonry screws. Leave unit crated!!!...Make sure not to intrude on the AC crates sliding up ability. Cover the roof-top with blankets & plywood in the area you are working.

You can either push the crate up from the bottom, or pull from the top, mechanically or physically.

HTH's...Jack

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom