Arkansas fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flytyer2

mariekie and all

Fly fishing in northern Arkansas is one of America's best kept secrets.  Within 30 minutes of where I live are two world class trout tailwaters, White River (over 100 miles of blue ribbon water) and Norfork River (former record holder of brown trout at 38+ pounds...4.6 miles of incredible water; I am lucky enough to live on the Norfork River) that hold incredible rainbow, browns, cutthroat, and brookies.  In addition, we are within 2 hours of Little Red River (current world record holder of the brown trout at 40 pounds 3 ounces and Taneycomo tailwaters at Branson, MO, and about 45 minutes from the famous first National River, the Buffalo, which has wonderful canoeing and smallmouth fishing.  We also have great warm water fly fishing in Bull Shoals and Norfork Lakes, both COE reservoirs, with camp grounds too numerous to mention.  April and early May, and late October and early November are great times to visit.  Fall colors usually peak first week in Novermber.  I normally don't advocate the area because of fishing pressure, but y'all are RVers and seem like nice folks; y'all come on down but don't stay too long, ya hear!

Thanks for that info on Arkansas. Another one for my fishing bookmarks.

FlyeTyer2,

Thank you for all that information. It is in my fishing file now and I promise we won't stay too long!!! It all sound so tempting.

Mariekie

I made the trip from Houston to the White River last October with a friend of mine who likes to fish but had never fly fished.  He had a ball. 

We stayed a week at the Denton Ferry RV park on the White river.  I used to stay at Gastons Resort before I had a RV.

When the dam is not generating you will not find a better river to wade and catch rainbow, brookies and browns.  All levels of fishing expertise will enjoy fishing the White.  Mostly wet fly but the night hatches can be a lot of fun!!

Don

FlyTyer2,

You sure have a lot of good information. Once again "thank you"!!!

Mariekie

Caught the tailwater down Thursday and Friday mornings and fished the "new" river (the river was changed dramatically as a result of record floods and dam releases in April).  Took a bunch of rainbows, including one 16-incher, and 2 browns.  Areas I fished actually fish better than before the floods.  It's good to get back on the water.  Now, if we can just find somewhere to fish in New Mexico in August and September when we RV out there...  Need somewhere computer air card will work so I can work, too.  Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom