"The GREEN Issue"...another perspective

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Perhaps the article linked below will open a few eyes of the "feel-good" population.

Look for local columnist Dr. William Dixon.

It appeared in the local Citrus County Chronicle, FL. URL is listed here

Try not to read "politics" into it.

carson FL

There are some issues I kinow of where the "Greenies" are.. Frankly.. NUTS!

I won't list all of 'em here

And I know that there are many bans and other issues that are BAD SCIENCE,  Again I won't list all of them here. 

So this is not exactly news.

As to the specific statements made in the referenced article...  There is some bad science there as well. 

I will point out one example of each:

Greenes: Forced McDonalds to wrap Whoppers in wax paper.. Wax paper when dumped in a land fill can easily last hundreds of years as the wax protects the paper.. It is NOT recycleable  The Styrafoam boxes they used to pack 'em in WERE recycled and thus did far far less environmental damage than wax paper

Two: The sugar industry is very anti-artifical sweetneres.. Thus they did research that shows both Saccarine and Cyclamates cause cancer..  The result is that Canada banned one and the US the other.  The studies were seriously flawed  SERIOUSLY Flawed. The did, however approve Nutrasweet.... Jury is still out on that one.

The article talked about the scientist taking a spoon full of pure DDT on a single occasion, he did not get sick, cancer, die etc, Nothing bad happened.... ON ONE EXPOSURE.

Now.... What would have happend if he'd been exposed to DDT every day for 10 years?  (NO Comment there)

It never ceases to amaze me how supposedly well educated people think that genetically engineered crops that have been changed by years and years of selective breeding is OK but genetically engineered crops that have been changed in the laboratory is Bad. The only difference is the time that has passed from the start until the end result is attained.

I agree ASB. in many cases... In other cases.. Well.. .I know a bit more about what some gentics labs do than I'm comfortable with (Not how they do it , but what they do)  look up Xenotransplant

For example some plants that are growing today contain ANIMAL DNA..

So the old question: Animal, Vegetable or Mineral? ....Well... There may be more than one correct answer

And many's the "B" grade Si-Fi "Thriller" (Movie "The Fly" for example) had that concept as the major plot line.

(Though that one was Animal/Human and a "Transporter" accident)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom