Finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsy Rovers

Finally the adventure begins, after months of sitting on the sidelines and soaking up knowledge like a sponge we have our first MH. The Rovers are presently in Alabama picking up our brand new Tiffin Phaeton 40? The next (expensive) phase is to buy enough diesel fuel to get us back to Alberta Canada and get all the paperwork done.

We took advantage of the proximity to tour the Tiffin factory and meet ?Mr. Bob", he really is as much of a gentleman as everyone says, and certainly knowledgeable about his products.

We had a few fit and finish issues with the coach but have been well served by the dealer and should be on our way north bound tomorrow morning.

We?ll check in from time to time to update everyone and no doubt ask questions. Bye for now.

Dale & Karen

PS:  I was going to post this last night but ran out of access so we're actually on the road at this point, first stop St. Louis MO Routine trip, everything worked the way it's supposed to and "Jill" the really smart lady in the GPS brought us right to the driveway of the campground, what could be better! ;D Next stop somewhere in SD? we'll ;et you know.

Dale & Karen

Congratulations Dale & Karen. Glad to hear you're finally on the road. Looking forward to your trip report updates.

:D Thanks everyone, first day on the road went well, this morning is light to sometimes heavy rain so we'll find out if there's any leaks.

To Pancake Bill, no, actually it was from Bankston Motor Homes, 3 of us from the same community bought Phaeton's so the deal was pretty sweet.

Westward ho to Omaha this morning then turning north to Pembina ND.

Cheers

Dale

Howdy, Dale and Karen.

Congratulations on your new coach. Here's wishing you safe travels and many Happy Trails!!  :D    :D

Best regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce

Gypsy Rovers said:
To Pancake Bill, no, actually it was from Bankston Motor Homes, 3 of us from the same community bought Phaeton's so the deal was pretty sweet.

Dale

We bought our coach from Harrison Bankston 6 years ago. We found him to be one of the most honorable and straight forward RV dealers with whom we have ever had contact. We bought our coach on a handshake and slept overnite in it before we even signed a sales contract.

Hope you enjoy your new coach from Bankston as much as we have.

Bernie, I second your comments, we arrived late in the afternoon, they had the coach plugged in with the A/C's running, water tank full and heater on. We did the same as you, moved right in and did the paperwork the next day. Then we were invited to stay on the lot with all the facilities for as long as we wanted, old time honorable treatment, I love it! ;D

Having a great trip home, made it to Omaha NE today, heading for ND tomorrow.

Dale & Karen

And finally home again, at least to the stick house. No problems on the way home other than a whole day of steady rain and gusty crosswinds crossing Manitoba & Saskatchewan in Canada.

The coach performed like a champ, got really sucked in the first fill up when we only took 50 gals for a 500 mile trip, 10 MPH, I love it, for a new engine, wonderful. The next day reality struck and we pushed headwinds pretty much the rest of the trip, pilots will relate that heading northwest in North America is not the way to avoid headwinds!

In the end we traveled 2486 miles, burned 300 gals of diesel which cost $1501 so averaged $5.00 a gallon and overall 8.28 MPG, about what I expected for mileage but higher cost than I was hoping for...sigh.. if we could only control that!

The coach is now carefully parked in the front yard, leveled and the jacks down waiting for all the friends and neighbors to drop by for a look, now we are anxiously awaiting for someone to come along with a big bag of money and buy the house so we can hit the road again for where ever the sun is shining.

More later when we hit the road

Dale & Karen

Congratulations! Should be a great RV.

If the big bag of money shows up, ask if they've got a cousin in Arizona I could talk to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom