A little Firefox info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

In case you haven't seen this, I just noticed it today...

Firefox 3 is coming.. Check out the promo right here

I'll let the World go first, then wait, then think about it, then take the plunge.  What say?

carson FL

I ran the beta versions, and am running RC2 right now as my regular browser.  Version 3 is a major step forward for Firefox.  All of my critical extensions have already been updated for version 3 as well.  I have no reservations in recommending upgrading as soon as it's released.  The usual caveat for backing up first applies.  All that you need to back up is your profile, or you can create a new one just for version 3.

Sounds like good stuff,Ned,

All that you need to  back up is your profile, or you can create a new one just for version 3.

If you have the time, can you elaborate a bit on the back-up and profile stuff. At my age things work a bit slowwwer.

Perhaps a little step by step instruction will help all us geezers. ( real age 73.... real body age 33).  ::)

Thanks Ned,

carson FL

Running firefox 3.0 release candidate 2 (Stable) as I type.

Compared to 2.x it's greased lightening  A few other changes..  Nothing that caused me grief.  I'm very happy with it.

Ned said:
I ran the beta versions, and am running RC2 right now as my regular browser.  Version 3 is a major step forward for Firefox.  All of my critical extensions have already been updated for version 3 as well.  I have no reservations in recommending upgrading as soon as it's released.   The usual caveat for backing up first applies.  All that you need to back up is your profile, or you can create a new one just for version 3.

Ned

What have you done to replace Tab Mix Plus?

I got the version that supports FF3 :)  You can get it from the extensions home page.  I don't think it's on the Mozilla addons site yet.  It's version 0.3.6.1.080416.

Hi Guys

As we're on Firefox, can you help..........

I am on Vista - whenever I open Firefox it "hangs" for 30 secs or so. If I click something wjilst it is trying to start I just get "not responding" for 10 secs or so.

I dont have the problem with IE.

Any ideas please.

Paul

Ned said:
I got the version that supports FF3 :)  You can get it from the extensions home page.  I don't think it's on the Mozilla addons site yet.  It's version 0.3.6.1.080416.

Ned

Thanks, I finally found a downloadable version, downloaded and installed it and everything is back and seems to be working fine. Life is good :D

Paul

Sorry, no clue about Vista.

Paul,

If you have a lot of extensions and have FF set to check for updates automatically, it checks on startup for any updates.  That can take some time if your internet connection isn't too fast or if one or more of the checks is slow to respond.  You can turn off the automatic check for addon updates to see if that's the cause.

Bernie,

I'm happy you're happy.  TMP is the one extension I couldn't do without.

Back
Top Bottom