Camping World enters RV rental business

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Camping World/FreedomRoads today (June 12) announced plans to add recreational vehicle rentals to its existing RV and outdoor product offerings. RV Rental Centers will initially launch in 14 major markets: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando/Kissimmee, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle. An additional 20 markets are targeted within the next 24 months, Buffalo, Houston, Indianapolis and Sacramento among them. Full story at RV Business.

Tough time to enter that market!  Maybe they think that folks who want to RV will rent rather than making the buy commitment when the fuel & economic future is so unsettled/risky?  And I'll bet they can get real good purchase prices on their new rental fleet!

I did a double take on it too Gary. But you're probably right with your assumptions. OTOH business decisions are sometimes made far in advance and, just as they go to market, the market tanks.

Tom and Gary:

Nah, they did it so Ron R will have a place to rent a replacement RV if the Eagle breaks down. ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Tom and Gary:

Nah, they did it so Ron R will have a place to rent a replacement RV if the Eagle breaks down. ;D

You know Ron would really rent from Camping World just so I can get on the mailing list. ;)

Ron said:
You know Ron would really rent from Camping World just so I can get on the mailing list. ;)

No problem, Ron.  I'm going over there next week.  I'll sign you up.  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom