In a Jam - Black Cherry that is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

This morning Jo and I opened a very $$$$$ jar of jam we bought on the Blue Ridge Pkwy at the Mabry Mill.  One of our memory items from the trip.  As we get older our memory gets shorter so we thought we shouldn't wait any longer, before we forgot we had it.  The front of the very nice jar says: "Taste of the Blue Ridge  Black Cherry Preserves".  While setting in our Michigan kitchen, eating some toast with the very tasty preserves on it Jo read the small print on the label.  It says: "ingredients: Michigan Black Cherries,.......".  ;D ;D ;D ;D  Maybe we drove in the wrong direction for this trip.  A global economy.  ::)

Reminds of the year the Michigan cherry crop was not what they called a success so cherries were imported from other states including Montana and I believe Washington for the cherry festival in Traverse City. 

What can I say. We have never really been that impressed with Michigan Cherries but again that is a personal impression.  Much more prefer the cherries from the flathead area of Montana as did a lot of other folks in Mich that year.

Back
Top Bottom