EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Musical talent of RV Forum members  (Read 12951 times)

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Musical talent of RV Forum members
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »
Jim --
There's a guy I know at work that plays the pipes with some marching band here in the Melbourne area.  Maybe you could hook up with them when you're back down here...

Frank,

I have heard that Melboure had a band. I would join another but being that I'm only there about half a year makes it difficult for either location. Would love to sit in on a practice session to see what they are like. We had at least three bands in the town where I played. One was top notch and hard to beat anywhere. The other was a struggiling band and still are. Ours was just right. We could play any street parade or general gathering with pride but couldnt' take the top prize. That's where I wanted to be. Marching on the street was most rewarding and competition was too much work. :)
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 09:09:17 AM »
Several messages were split off into a musical wannabes topic.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Cliff

• ---
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »
Many Thanks Tom....since your ideas inspired a lot of my songs .....Thank you..............My wife an I took positions with a college in Missouri for a few years.......we fulltimed a few years before but not old enough to retire. So if anyone is in or around KC..... email me and we'll pick.........I sequence the Yamaha PSR 9000 for a full band sound, play it some on stage but always fall back to the Martin. The Bose PA helps too.........Come to KC Tom and bring a lot of your RV family!!!!! Cliff................

Lots of meat for a song right there Cliff.

If anyone hasn't heard some of the songs that Cliff has written, sung, and recorded, click on the link in his signature line. Having previously bought a couple of his RV-related CDs, I can say that they're quite entertaining. With Cliff's permission, we even had a group singalong of one of his songs at one of our Moab rallies.

You can also hear clips of Cliff's songs on his web site. One of my favorites is Waltzing through WalMart, listed under RV Songs.

Cliff

• ---
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »
Thanks Gordon.....my live sound just gets luck sometimes.................You guys have the great sounds....       see http://www.sweetnancy.com/
Cliff......Have an RV Day!!!!!

Thanks for the "Heads Up" on Cliff's talents.  REALLY good job recording and production on them, not to mention great song writing.  Love your voice.  I hope to meet you some day on the road or in a Walmart lot, Cliff.  You and my Sweet Nancy could have a time (She's pianist and muscially creative too).  I'm going to spend some more time on your site, but she's calling me away from the 'puter now.

Oops....  This thread is about mouse turds.  Sorry.  :)

Gordon

Gordon Groff

• ---
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 06:05:28 PM »
I just got Cliff's RV songs CD today.  Anyone watching me drive by would have seen a goofy grin, but missed the toe-tapping.

Seriously fun music.  Some of the lyrics in South Dakota did me wrong (??) made me laugh out loud.  Loved the Rock and Rolling RV song too.

Lotsa fun!  The visual images of the sewer line with the loose clamp, the toad passing on the grass, and the awning coming loose were a hoot.   I can't imagine anyone who has ever RV'd not enjoying this one.

Great job, Cliff!

Gordon
Gordon and Sweet Nancy
2010 Tiffin Allegro 35 QBA
2010 Honda CRV Toad
8Lb. Papillon

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 06:10:32 PM »
Glad you enjoyed Cliff's music and singing Gordon.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Cliff

• ---
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 07:42:25 AM »

Wow.....Thanks so much Gordon..........I am really happy you liked it! I guess when you write a song from a true experience you have had or from a first hand story it comes across with a real meaning.

I can still remember standing at the state dump station in Iowa off I-29..101 degrees..My shorts and T-shirt had been white but now smurf blue from the blue sewer chemical(6 packs while going down the road....was stinkin bad) POOPey Blue water everywhere. Looking at my toes in my sandles with little brown lumps between them. It was all my wifes fault(always) hahahahaha....she pulled to close to the dump station....had never used that short hose with the loose clamp......not fun.....squattin down to push the valve handle in.... after first seeing the leak....getting hit with 40 gallons of poopy water in the chest that knocked me off my feet'''''''sitting with my hands in blue poop''''''That trip to South Dakota.....wasn't too good to me.....cliff

I just got Cliff's RV songs CD today.  Anyone watching me drive by would have seen a goofy grin, but missed the toe-tapping.

Seriously fun music.  Some of the lyrics in South Dakota did me wrong (??) made me laugh out loud.  Loved the Rock and Rolling RV song too.

Lotsa fun!  The visual images of the sewer line with the loose clamp, the toad passing on the grass, and the awning coming loose were a hoot.   I can't imagine anyone who has ever RV'd not enjoying this one.

Great job, Cliff!

Gordon

Gordon Groff

• ---
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 12:40:14 PM »
Oh, That's right!  "South Dakota Was Not Too Good To Me"  Played it last night with wife and daughter #2 in the van.  Sweet Nancy laughs easily, but even my very cool daughter busted out at that refrain that kept popping up between increasingly outrageous incidents. 

Thanks for the fun, Cliff!

Gordon
Gordon and Sweet Nancy
2010 Honda CRV Toad
8Lb. Papillon

Flytyer2

• ---
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »
Wife sings alto, and is a soloist; I sing bass in a southern gospel quartet.

Gordon Groff

• ---
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 05:03:03 AM »
Wife sings alto, and is a soloist; I sing bass in a southern gospel quartet.

Hi Fly!  Man, we coud have Church!  That's Sweet Nancy's favorite and most proficient venue - Gospel/Worship music.

Gordon
Gordon and Sweet Nancy
2010 Honda CRV Toad
8Lb. Papillon

seilerbird

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 09:48:21 AM »
Liz, could I sign up for lessons?

The newer Yamahas have a complete lesson system built right in.

BTW - I have a 100 watt amp I built into my MH and I carry a bass guitar and an electric guitar with me. I get up in the morning and fire up the generator and practice guitar almost every morning. I also play keys and drums.

Cliff

• ---
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 10:29:34 PM »
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When are we all going to get together and sing?............Cliff

Oh, That's right!  "South Dakota Was Not Too Good To Me"  Played it last night with wife and daughter #2 in the van.  Sweet Nancy laughs easily, but even my very cool daughter busted out at that refrain that kept popping up between increasingly outrageous incidents. 

Thanks for the fun, Cliff!

Gordon

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »
Jim Dick

I thought of you last night.  The TV show "How It's Made" showed how they make bagpipes.  Very interesting.  And later another segment was how they make the pipes for the big pipe organs.  That was especially interesting because one time we were on a bus tour that stopped in a little town in South Africa.  While others went shopping we wanted to see inside a Dutch Reformed church.  When we went inside there was a man who was turning their big pipe organ and he showed us how they do it.  Neat!

ArdraF

ArdraF
:D :D

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
Ardra,

Sounds like an interesting show. As far as I know most pipes are made from African Black Wood. They sure have gone up in price!!! I couldn't afford to buy the least expensive set now!!!

Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Hosted by Over The Network