Budget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The length of a piece of string is twice the distance from one end to the center.

Is this some secret handshake kind of thing?     

I guess if you don't know we can't tell you.  ;)

PancakeBill said:
The length of a piece of string is twice the distance from one end to the center.

Is this some secret handshake kind of thing?     

I guess if you don't know we can't tell you.   ;)

If we told you, we would have to kill you ... 8)

Limey Paul. Doing our USA in 18 months is like seeing Yellowstone in ONE day! Montana is a state that can easily take a month and that may not include Glacier Park.I myself don't travel outside our country as I have too much to love here. I can go to Arlington and lay among the fallen for days. Go to Cracker Barrel, get a  patriotic CD and listen to Charlie Daniels, Kate Smith, or Lee Greenwood. That's what we (USA) are all about. Oh, don't  forget our Gettysburg!!!!

Carl L said:
If we told you, we would have to kill you ... 8)

shhhhhhhhh don't tell them  ;)

Thanx for all the tips guys ......may just have to stay longer  ;D

Paul

Maybe your 18-month trip will give you a nice taste of the U.S. and you can keep a list of all the places you want to come back to and spend more time.

Wendy

Hi Wendy
Its a one off trip for me 18 mths - 24 max Ive still got the rest of the world to see Im 50 now so I need to keep moving and make up for all the time Ive lost.

Paul

Washington DC can take a month by itself. Arlington another week and Gettysburg at least a week.  I live in Oregon and have been to DC three times and still need to go back and finish with the Smithsonian of American History.

Try doing a good job of seeing the Puget sound area in a month.  Fat chance.

18 months could get you about half of the Western United States.  I believe you can travel forever in the good ole US and be happy feeling like your not missing out on anything in other countries.

One thing that folks might not realize is that Paul and other visitors from the UK get 6 months maximum when entering the U.S. before they have to leave. So, Paul's "18 months visit" will necessarily be 3 separate visits, with trips to Canada to be able to re-enter the U.S. and restart the clock. There have been reports of US Customs & Immigration challenging people who repeatedly re-enter the U.S. with only a few weeks in between. So, even if Paul had the time to stay longer than 18 months, he may not be allowed.

LOL Bill, he wouldn't be allowed to stay here long enough to get through the process. He could, of course, marry an all-American girl.

Hi Limey
I am currently in  Canada Fort St John on the Alaskan Highway heading for Alaska i started my trip in Tampa Florida on 1st April and can assure you Canada is more expensive than the USA.
Gas is any where between $ 1.33 a litre to $1.44. Camp Grounds tend to be a little more expensive, food certainly is dearer but the trip is worth it, i have seen so much since we started the experience is unbelievable , the people you meet in the RV world are really wonderful.
You can do it on your Budget at todays prices .

Fred

Tom said:
LOL Bill, he wouldn't be allowed to stay here long enough to get through the process. He could, of course, marry an all-American girl.

:eek: Come on Tom I'm on divorce number 2 ......not that Ive got anything against america ladys or any other ladys but it's the single life for me Ive only got 1 house left and I want to keep it  ;D

Thanx for the tips Fred

Hi Guys

Just letting you all know I?m still here , still not sold the house yet

With the house not selling it?s given me more time to think things through I?m still buying a A Class know matter how much gas goes up ( that?s the dream ).

However I?m going to buy a used pusher and I?m thinking of buying it from a Consignment Dealer in Texas I?m sure you will all know the one I mean

Thanx again for all your

Paul

Tom said:
Keep that dream alive Paul.

Thanx Tom

Still plan do this ......the only thing thats changed I'm going for a used pusher for the price of a new gas rig and I will now be buying in Texas instead of Florida.

I also have a place to stay for free and the use of a car  this will give me plenty of time to have look at different rigs

Paul,

I guess there's one in every crowd, and I'm he.  I must disagree with not going to Mexico.  It's like anywhere else, whether it be NY, LA, or London, there ARE places you don't go...and border towns are certainly high on the list, including those already mentioned and especially Laredo down in Texas (Brownsville/Matamoros is fine).  However as long as you don't linger in the border towns, just clear in and move on, get into the country, you should not have a problem.

I spent March/April in Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala, and over the last four years I've put some 20,000 miles under me in Mexico itself.  It's a beautiful country, the food is good and economical, the gas is cheaper than in the US (although the octane levels are not as high as shown on the pump), and if you're a haggler you'll love bargaining with the street vendors.  My main gripe is the speedbumps, "topes" in Spanish, there are WAY TOO MANY of them to suit me.  Yes, topes, a scarcity of really nice roads, slow trucks, and small town law enforcement types that hit you up for 100 pesos (US$10) for speeding just because you have a gringo tag, even if you weren't speeding, and I wasn't (but that's just typical of many you'll meet down there whose only ambition is to seperate you from your dollars).

I won't go into details here, but if you'd like, email me and I'll be happy to fill you in and suggest a route and offer my own humble opinons. 

Steve

Hi Steve
Sounds like you had a great time  I'm still planing on going can't be any worse than a night in Necastle lol
will e:mail  once I have a date

Thanx again

Hi John

The housing market is bad at the moment prices still falling here

Paul

Back
Top Bottom