Canadian Maritimes (Marabito's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Hi all:

Shirley and I depart for a trip to the Canadian Maritimes tomorrow morning.  Our first stop is just outside Cleveland to visit my sister and some friends.  From there we go to Connecticut, Massachusets and into Maine for a couple weeks.  We will move into New Brunswick on the 14th of July.  Not sure how we will progress after that, except we have to be in Lake Louise, Alberta by the 15th of September.  Plan to be back home about the 25th of September.

I'll be on-line as long as my satellite can get a signal.

Ron:

SatMex 5 has coverage for our entire trip this summer. We are north of Detroit headed to Buffalo area Monday. Will spend the next couple of weeks getting across NY, VT, and NH into Maine as we have several friends and relatives to visit. We should leave Skowhegan ME on the 15th for NB.

Jeff Cousins said:
Ron:

SatMex 5 has coverage for our entire trip this summer. We are north of Detroit headed to Buffalo area Monday. Will spend the next couple of weeks getting across NY, VT, and NH into Maine as we have several friends and relatives to visit. We should leave Skowhegan ME on the 15th for NB.

We will be heading into NB that day or the day before.  Plan to stay at the National Park S.E. of Frederickton.

We will be at the Pumpkin Patch Rv park in Hermon Me on 7/22 and Amherst NS on 7/23. We will be catching the Port Aux Basque
ferry at 1 AM on 7/24. We should be in Gander NL on Friday the 25th and at Grandmothers house on Saturday the 26th.
*******(If all goes well!!!!!!!!)*******

Dave

Dave, Jeff and all, Donna and I are at the cottage in Parlee Beach, NB for most of the summer.  But we've got 22 coming for supper (and staying the week end) the first week end of August.  Keep in touch and maybe we'll really be able to get together.  The coach is parked at the cottage, so maybe we'd meet up with you.

Dave:"We should be in Gander NL on Friday the 25th and at Grandmothers house on Saturday the 26th."

Keep in contact. Brewers and I plan to be in NFL all month(of July).

not sure which route you will be taking coming into NB but give toot if you pass through Saint John. I am just outside of it.

Ron, take note of this.  When driving by Montreal the highway goes right past the site of the Olympic games 25 years ago.  At the Olympic Games site you can dry camp there and best of all it has a subway station that takes you directly to downtown Montreal.  It is a delightful way for a quick visit to the city center of Montreal and all of its underground stores.  Ardra and I have done it on each of our trips by Montreal.

JerryF

Hfx_Cdn said:
Dave, Jeff and all, Donna and I are at the cottage in Parlee Beach, NB for most of the summer.  But we've got 22 coming for supper (and staying the week end) the first week end of August.  Keep in touch and maybe we'll really be able to get together.  The coach is parked at the cottage, so maybe we'd meet up with you.

Man, that must be some cottage!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

June 19th.

We are just outside Cleveland, OH in Streetsboro.  Arrived a couple days ago to a cold front.  Yesterday the high was 65 and last night the temp. was down to 50.  Quite a chnage from Dallas at 100.  We have spent the last two evenings with family and enjoyed seeing all my sisters brood and grandchildren.  My brother-in-law is 93 years old.  One of his sons and his three sons are taking him to New York today to attend a ballgame at a stadium they are about to tear down.  He is a real baseball fanatic.

It has rained a little since we arrived and today is overcast but not raining.  We plan to explore a couple of the parks around here today and then visit my sister tonight.  Tomorrow we are meeting up with some of my childhood friends for a picnic.  Should be interesting.

Saturday morning we will depart headed to Connecticut to see Jim and Pat Dick.  Should be there on Sunday evening.

Ron,

We're here waiting for you! Be sure to let us know when you get close and we'll meet you before you get to our Daughter's. I'm sure you remember unhooking the toad before arriving at her house is a good idea. ;D ;D

Ron:

I hope it is drier in Ohio than it has been in western NY this week! We will spend next week working our way across northern NY to my brother's in Burlington, VT where we will spend next weekend.

We have some good memories of Burlington VT.  The most honest and straight shooting RV dealer we have ever met is located there. Bought our two Bounders from them.

Jeff:

I hope we can stay free of the rain while driving.  Don't care if it's while we are sitting still.

We had our picnic with old friends today and the weather was perfect.  We watched the movie "Bucket List"  last night.  It was a neat movie.  We plan to leave here in the morning and stop somewhere in Pennsylvania for the night and then on to Jim Dick's.  Should be a couple of easy days.

I gather from Betty's messages, that all of you are making a B-line for New Foundland first and then working your way back.  We probably won't do that.

Ron from Big D said:
Jeff:

I hope we can stay free of the rain while driving.  Don't care if it's while we are sitting still.

We had our picnic with old friends today and the weather was perfect.  We watched the movie "Bucket List"  last night.  It was a neat movie.  We plan to leave here in the morning and stop somewhere in Pennsylvania for the night and then on to Jim Dick's.  Should be a couple of easy days.

I gather from Betty's messages, that all of you are making a B-line for New Foundland first and then working your way back.  We probably won't do that.
Ron:

No, we are not headed to Newfoundland first. Tentatively we will cross into Canada (07/15/008) up at Van Buren, Me near where I grew up, cross New Brunswick to Campbellton, then head down the coast to Moncton, cross the bridge to PEI (07/19/2008), out to the NE end of Nova Scotia (07/27/2008) , and then to Newfoundland probably around the first of August. If that starts to match up to your plans let's figure out where to join up. I've been told there are plenty of golf courses up there. ;D

I hope we'll see Russ and the Brewers as we get to Newfoundland or as they come off the Island to Nova Scotia. The Reavises' plans will still have them on Newfoundland the first part of August. We will also pass Ed (Hfx_Cdn) at Parlee Beach on the way to Moncton.

Looks like the RV Forum group will be very well represented in the Maritimes this summer.  Hope all have a safe and enjoyable trip.

I've been told there are plenty of golf courses up there.

There's one at Pippy Park in St. John's NF which also happens to have the best RV park in the area.  This huge park is owned and operated by the city.  It's a great place to use as a base to see both the city and many nearby attractions.  We loved St. John's which has lots of things to see and good hiking.  In fact, we happened to arrive on Canada Day (like our 4th of July) and while hiking on Signal Hill almost ended up in the middle of the canons firing during the Tatoo.  Someone in a red British uniform came running out to steer us in another direction.  We hadn't planned on watching the Tatoo but ended up seeing it from an advantageous viewpoint in spite of ourselves.  :eek:

We drove up to the golf course just to see it (we're not golfers).  It looked very nice with 18 holes and great views.  Notice I said "up" earlier.  That's because it's on one of St. John's many hills.  While you're at Pippy Park, don't miss the world's only "Fluvarium" which is underwater viewing (behind glass windows) of a natural river.  Also, The Rooms is their wonderful new museum, so named for the "rooms" used by the cod fishermen.

Hope all of you have a great time visiting that corner of the world!

ArdraF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom