How to remove aluminum siding without damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1275gtsport

OK I have searched here and on google. but not able to find a step by step or anything much on a how to.
seen the link with the travel trailer and total rebuild. mine looks worse on the inside then his did at the start. I really didn't ask a lot of questions nor did I take anyone with more experience with me to check out the RV. 1974 dodge class c. with a 318.

the outside looks great.. however so far as i can tell about the only thing I can save will be the appliances. so far they all work, but  i haven't tried the water heater yet.

anyway how do I get the siding off to be able to reuse it. I would rather not have to just throw this stuff in a landfill if I can carefully dismantle it.

Let me get this straight, you have an ancient C, good siding and maybe appliances, ou are attempting to salvage what you can for another project?  Wow.  OK, for the siding, these slide together then get attached, usually staped.  So, from the top, remove the trim to expose the stapled edge, remove all the staples, then slide off. 

What would you want the siding for?  Or, once siding is all off are you rebuilding the house? 

Oh, and 1974 appliances, not sure what to use these for, the newer stuff has DSI.  I hate the light the pilot stuff. 

So it comes off from the top down? that is good. and the staples will only be at the ends? it won't be all along the length of the house? that would be nice.

the plan is to rebuild the house. the drive train is in top shape only needing a couple of flex hoses replaced on the brakes. the steel lines were replaced by the previous owner. I have two daughters (9 and 13) and a health issue that prevents tenting and requires fridge/freezer. and I wish to have the Kids experience "camping" the places that my parents took me too as a kid that we used to pitch a tent on the sandy beach now are RV parks (and tenting is not allowed on the beach anymore) and I have a thing for vintage things. (my daily driver is a 76 mini)

Back
Top Bottom