$99 for the month in Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys

Just in case you havent received this email, Encore are offering a month at any of their Texas resorts for just $99.

See HERE

Thought it may be of use to someone.

Paul

UK-RV said:
Hi Guys

Just in case you havent received this email, Encore are offering a month at any of their Texas resorts for just $99.

See HERE

Paul

South Texas in the summer?   They are going to have to pay me a lot more than $99 a month to stay there!   ;D

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll be of use to some members. But I'm with Carl....spent one summer in San Antonio and have no desire to go back to Texas, ever, in the summer.

Wendy
Cortez, CO

wendycoke said:
spent one summer in San Antonio and have no desire to go back to Texas, ever, in the summer.

Wendy
Cortez, CO

Wendy why not?  110 degrees not your cup of tea?  ;D  Now you know why we hitch up and head for the mountains in the summer.

Top it off with San Antonio's humidity and it feels like a sauna.  And don't believe it when the desert natives out here in West Texas tell you it's dry heat....at 110, dry or wet makes little difference.  Hot is hot. 

Big Bend is beautiful too....from November to February. ;)

Top it off with San Antonio's humidity and it feels like a sauna.  And don't believe it when the desert natives out here in West Texas tell you it's dry heat....at 110, dry or wet makes little difference.  Hot is hot.

Come ON Frizle, you know that ain't true.  110 with high humidity is miserable.  110 and no humidity, ain't miserable, it is deadly.  It will suck you dry of water before you know it, and throw you into heat exhaustion and then into heat stroke inside of a half hour, if you are not careful.  I have seen it happen.  Been there myself, even with being careful.

BTW I am a alumus of UTEP class of '59.  Major was geology.  Field mapping in El Paso in the summer was a raft of fun.

We hit 109 in Tucson yesterday. Glad there's no grass to mow! Just going out to pick up the yard and water the flowers was a hot chore.

We lived in Death Valley for four years. I don't have a problem with 110+ degrees and 4% humidity. I can't stand anything over 80 degrees with high humidity. The weird thing about San Antonio was that when the wind was out of the west, you had hot, dry temps but when it came out of the southeast you got the yucky humidity. And it could vary daily. That said, 80 degrees with humidity under 15% is my favorite weather.

Wendy
85 degrees in Cortez CO

Carl L said:
BTW I am a alumus of UTEP class of '59.  Major was geology.  Field mapping in El Paso in the summer was a raft of fun.

I can imagine.  Once you're acclimated it isn't so bad....or so we keep telling ourselves.  We switched from evaporative to refrigerated air on the house about 3 years ago....best decision we've ever made. 

I know this sounds strange, but I swear every summer is getting more humid here.  No rain mind you, just sticky, sweaty, muggy humidity.  And anything over about 30% renders a swamp cooler worthless. 

We're hooking up the fiver and heading to the Gila Wilderness next week...gonna stay at Lake Roberts for a few days.  Pray for rain!

UK-RV said:
Hi Guys

See HERE

Paul

Summer in Texas????  I think they should be offering to pay the $99 to anyone that would stay there. ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom