Forced to download Mozilla Firefox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start Firefox with a -P parameter.  You can alter the desktop shortcut to look like D:\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe -P where the path will be wherever FF resides on your machine.  This will start with the profile manager and you can create a new profile from there.  Try a few site, you'll have to manually login the first time, and see if it remembers your passwords.  Check the options first to see that they're set correctly, but I think the defaults will be correct.

You should not have deleted your profile as you have now lost all your bookmarks and history.  Those could have been recovered into a new profile.  If you didn't use the profile manager to delete the profile, FF will undoubtedly get confused.

Using Foxmark, so got all the bookmarks back.

It is saving all my user names and passwords, I can go to security and see them all.. just wasn't going to do a print screen on them.
it just doesn't use them to log me in by bypassing login screens like it used to.

Have to leave for the day, will try this in AM

Thanks for all your help.

Just tried it... doesn't like the -P added to shortcut

Is this FF 2 or 3?  The -P must have one space in front of it.  Use the example I posted, it's from my shortcut.  Until you create a new profile, we can't do much more in finding out the cause of the problem.  It's most likely a corrupted file, as I said, and the easiest course of action is to create a new profile and use Foxmark to restore the bookmarks to the new profile, if it can do that.

It's FF3. I created a new profile and problem solved. Since I use Foxmark, got all my bookmarks back, just have to rebuild the password list, which will be fun.

Thanks again for all your help and have a good 4th.

Merrill

Merrill, glad to hear you got it fixed.  Once you get your passwords reentered, use the Export feature to save a copy of them.  Do that periodically and you'll be able to Import them if you ever have a problem again.

Enjoy Green Bay, that's a nice part of the state.  If you have time, take a day and drive up to Door county.

Ned I see that FF automatically updated me yesterday, but accordig to the "About Firefox" under help. I'm still running the V2 I downloaded 2 days before the big V3 download.  Why would they auto update, and not fully do so.  I'm working so well, I really don't want to play with it.

Ed

The update yesterday was for version 2 to 2.0.0.15, not version 3.  FF 3 isn't available, yet, via the auto updates.

Maybe this is appropriate here:

I don't allow any auto-updates on anything. Have everything set for "notify of updates".

This includes MS, they tried to push updates on me for programs that I didn't have.

carson FL

Just don't skip the critical Windows updates.  I set Windows and Firefox to notify me and I decide when to download and install.

Back
Top Bottom