rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Condensation drip fix  (Read 3667 times)

sivleyjayco

Condensation drip fix
« on: June 16, 2008, 09:26:41 PM »
We have a Jayseries 2006 pup and the condensation drip pours on our end bunk tent. Is there a way to stop or divert this professionally? I just stuck a stick there with a twisty tie to allow the drip to fall out farther from the tent. Any suggestions on a better fix?

rjf7g

• ---
Re: Condensation drip fix
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:37:55 PM »
I never had this problem in either of my pups, but I didn't have a/c...
2017 Aqua Patio SB235 with Yamaha 200HP
2007 Gulf Stream Innsbruck 36FRS
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2003 Club Car GS
1999 American Cruiser

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:30:54 PM »
We have a Jayseries 2006 pup and the condensation drip pours on our end bunk tent. Is there a way to stop or divert this professionally? I just stuck a stick there with a twisty tie to allow the drip to fall out farther from the tent. Any suggestions on a better fix?

Maybe THIS?
Carl L/LA   [Forum Staff]  KI6SEZ

Prowler 23LV TT pulled by a '95 Ford Bronco

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »
One of the things that amazes me is that they do not dispose of AC condensate properly,  They just dump it onto the roof and let it fall where it may.

You can get, I'm told, an optional "Tray" to install it (NOTE this sounds much harder than it is) you first remove the A/C partially (you do not need to disconnect wires) slip it over and around the AC along with the #2 gasket they include and bold the AC back down

To this tray you can attach a drain hose so it drips down WHERE YOU WANT IT TO, not where it may

Why this is not standard.. I very simply do not know.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

rvbigs

• ---
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:31:48 PM »
Is the roof of your pop up flat? try leaving the pup slightly off level so the back corner sits slightly lower forcing the water to go where you want it to
rob
04 tundra
07 rockwood roo 21ss

FISHnCAMP

• ---
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »
I bought a 3" diameter piece of pvc pipe, took a 3' piece & cut out a half moon on one side, approx. 1'.  The take the half moon end & place it under the lip of the roof, lay it across the tent top section & angle it so it drips clear of the material.  Quick & easy fix.  If it is real windy I place a clothes pin under it, clipped where the seam is so it doesn't roll off.
07 Jayco Series 1206