Condensation drip fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sivleyjayco

We have a Jayseries 2006 pup and the condensation drip pours on our end bunk tent. Is there a way to stop or divert this professionally? I just stuck a stick there with a twisty tie to allow the drip to fall out farther from the tent. Any suggestions on a better fix?

I never had this problem in either of my pups, but I didn't have a/c...

sivleyjayco said:
We have a Jayseries 2006 pup and the condensation drip pours on our end bunk tent. Is there a way to stop or divert this professionally? I just stuck a stick there with a twisty tie to allow the drip to fall out farther from the tent. Any suggestions on a better fix?

Maybe THIS?

One of the things that amazes me is that they do not dispose of AC condensate properly,  They just dump it onto the roof and let it fall where it may.

You can get, I'm told, an optional "Tray" to install it (NOTE this sounds much harder than it is) you first remove the A/C partially (you do not need to disconnect wires) slip it over and around the AC along with the #2 gasket they include and bold the AC back down

To this tray you can attach a drain hose so it drips down WHERE YOU WANT IT TO, not where it may

Why this is not standard.. I very simply do not know.

Is the roof of your pop up flat? try leaving the pup slightly off level so the back corner sits slightly lower forcing the water to go where you want it to

I bought a 3" diameter piece of pvc pipe, took a 3' piece & cut out a half moon on one side, approx. 1'.  The take the half moon end & place it under the lip of the roof, lay it across the tent top section & angle it so it drips clear of the material.  Quick & easy fix.  If it is real windy I place a clothes pin under it, clipped where the seam is so it doesn't roll off.

Back
Top Bottom