Pictures of my conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was originally planning on buying an RV to convert to a mobile showroom but changed my mind. Instead we bought an old delivery box truck and converted that instead.I posted way back when asking for some help on electrical and cooling questions I had but now I cant find the thread. I wanted to thank those who took the time to answer and show some pics of the conversion.

Did insulation, paneling, cabinetry, carpeting, seating, generator, roof-ac/heat unit, battery packs, computer with printer,mobile broadband and nav system.

Now I want to do one for personal use to take on the road. ;D

Thanks for the advice. ;)
Before pic and some afters. We have done more work since these were taken.

Attachments

• 100807_15385 [50%] [640x480].jpg
    100807_15385 [50%] [640x480].jpg
    39 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_4808 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    IMG_4808 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    65 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_4815 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    IMG_4815 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    27 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_4812 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    IMG_4812 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 564
Wow, great job! Congratulations.

I posted way back when asking for some help on electrical and cooling questions I had but now I cant find the thread.

Click on the Profile button in the toolbar above, scroll down, and click on the link Show the last posts of this person. You'll see all your prior posts.

Now I want to do one for personal use to take on the road.

Go for it!  ;D After looking at those pictures, I know you can do it!  8)

I remember the privious thread and my expectation that that would be a tough job. Glad to see such impressive results.

Ray D  ;D

I also followed your earlier thread and have to say - Well Done!  Your conversion turned out really well.  It looks very nice.  Have fun doing an RV.

ArdraF

Thanks everyone. It was a lot of fun and I am very happy. It came out better than I even expected.

Newt,
The skylight came with the truck. When I went to see it and saw that I knew I had to have it. Adds a tremendous amount of natural light and helps with the open feeling of it. That plus the 7' height clearance.

Tom,
Thanks for explaining the search function. Sometimes me not too smart  :'(  ;D

Pierat,
We are a custom cabinet and woodshop. This was made as a mobile showroom and office. Never thought of it as a separate business but you never know..................already have a big shop set up.

This was easy to work on because there was a ton of room underneath to mount stuff and run wiring. The aluminum panel body meant no leaking seams to deal with. We did some preventative maintenance and sealed the semi clear fiberglass roof on the perimeter. These step vans sell for so cheap used. Could be very possible to do conversion on them as a business.  It is just a box on an extended standard Chevy van chassis. Standard drive train, breaks, suspension, etc. Plenty of room to add in a water and waste system underneath.

There certainly should be a market.

I had a converted step van years ago (but nothing like as nice as yours) and we had great fun with it.  I don't know now how in the world we managed with all 9 kids (and a 10th for one trip when my eldest brought her boy friend along {which we allowed because we disliked him and figured a couple weeks with our mob would see them split up - it did too ;D }).  We had a very small TT and a couple of tents so we could spread out when not on the road but it was still major league cozy.

Still, it was what we could afford at the time and I was happy to have it.

Back
Top Bottom