Question on my 2002 Cougar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaz743

OK, I'm completly new to the RV'ing world.  I just bought a 2002 - 29' Keystone Cougar.  Here's my hangup.  The guy I bought it from is out of state.  I never met him, so I had no one to go over the details of the RV and how things work.  I thought some of you experianced RV'ers could help me out.

1. Hot water.  On the outside where the hot water access is, there is a little rocker switch, I'm assuming this is to switch on the electric heating element.  On the inside at the monitor panel, there is a heater switch.  I'm pretty sure this is to kick on the propane heat to the hot water heater.  Are these assumptions correct?  And would it benefit to have both on when staying in the RV?  For quicker recycle time? 

2. Front landing gear.  When I hit the button, I can hear motors kick in and run, but nothing happens.  Is there usually a locking mechanism that locks the landing gear that I have to disengage or something?

3. Cleaning.  I used an RV Cleaner/Wax on the outside fiberglass, but the lower shroud is plastic.  It didn't clean up as well as the fiberglass, what would you all recommend for the lower plastic section?

I think that's all for now.  I'm sure more questions will arise.  I appreciate all the repsonses and help.

Back
Top Bottom