Our "On the airwaves" topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Tom,

We also have our On the airwaves message board opened at the request of hams here.

I agree with you, Tom. Would be nice if all OUR hams would congregate here a bit more instead of migrating to other forums.  We have it all, only better. Perhaps we could get new members once we got a bit livelier on this topic.

One thing I would suggest for members that they publish their call signs on their signature line or under the avator. There is no need to hide  as hams are highly interested in public service, especially during emergencies. Hamming is more than a hobby.

I would also like to see a roster of all active hams on this forum but don't know how that would be done.

Members, what are your opinions?

carson FL    VE7WCX  (W4)  EL88ru

I would also like to see a roster of all active hams on this forum but don't know how that would be done.

One way would be to post a message, which we can flag as Sticky, keeping it at the head of the queue of this section with a title such as "All Hams Read This"

In the thread we could ask all amateur radio operators to "register" their call .

The only concern, and I don't know how much of a concern it might be, is that showing your call discloses the station address---something which some people may have reservations about on the internet.

What do you think?

One thing that could be done is for Tom (And this takes a Moderator I suspect) to scan user names, not screen names, but user names.. Many hams are proud of their call and tend to use it everywhere.. I'm WA8YXM

When we go to the next rev of the forum software, we'll have more flexibility with the fields in the profile so we could, for example, add a field to allow folks to post their call sign.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom