Switch Dodge 16.5" wheels for 16's ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4gottenway

Does anyone know what year they started using 8-lug, 16" rims on Dodge vans/trucks?  My '85 Falcon has the 16.5's with the 1/2" studs. I want to switch, so I can more easily find tires for it.

Might be cost prohibitive should you have to change the complete rear end and all new hubs  then you'll have 16.5 on front  16 on rear  2 spares or change front hubss also.  Speedometer would be off and need Calibrating.  Could be a chore,  Then again I'm not that familiar with the Dodge units anymore.

It has singles on the rear and they are the same as the fronts so I just want to change wheels.

Updated for older Dodge fans:

One of my 16.5's blew out on me in the N.Arizona boonies where I would have had to wait a week for a replacement (and my spare was pretty much junk). I had no choice but to change to the 16" wheels but was lucky enough to find a salvage yard that had 2 used rims at a reasonable price. I bought two new Uniroyals that were $36 less per tire than what 16.5's would have cost and mounted them on the rear (couldn't afford to do all four). Rims from up to about '93 will fit and the overall outside tire diameter is nearly identical to the 16.5's on the front(so there is no need for two different size spares).  When the fronts wear out (or blow out!), I'll switch the fronts also to 16's.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom