Sam's Camp 2005 Mini-Rallies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Attached is a photo of Joel & Camille relaxing at Sam's Camp.

Attachments

• Joel & Camille @ Sam's Camp (Large).jpg
    Joel & Camille @ Sam's Camp (Large).jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 40
Have you ever seen a barb wire man, similar to a snowman except made from barb wire.  We saw the one shown in the attached photo on our way to Judith Peak today.

Attachments

• Barb Wire Man (Large).jpg
    Barb Wire Man (Large).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 35
Guess I should have mentioned that when the Myers arrived at Sam's Camp Camille was at the wheel and it looked to me like her navigator may have been taking a nap. ;D

The Sam's camp 2005 mini-rallies continue with arrival this afternoon of Jeff and Sue Cousins.  Had a nice visit.  The attached photo left to right are Camp MGR Shirely, Ron, Jeff, Sue and Sam.

Attachments

• Jeff & Sue Cousins @ Sam's Camp.JPG
    Jeff & Sue Cousins @ Sam's Camp.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 30
As many of you already know Ron and Sam are delightful hosts. Our stop was short so instead of trying to catch those trout we sat around and ate the ones Ron smoked last year. Outstanding!

Now we have eaten at 19 and counted over two hundred of the local whitetails making pests of themselves to the farmers.

Thanks Ron and Sam for making us feel so welcome and a wonderful visit to Sam's Camp.

Ron,

We had a delightful, relaxing visit at Sam's Camp.  Thank you.

And, having seen it, it is no suprise that Sam's Quit was best of show.  Congradulations.

We got reached saturation and headed east after Scotts Bluff.  So we did go to Kearny after all.

Clyde & Vi's has fallen on hard times.  The place is for sale and not being maintained.  There is a guy in the office only interested in your $20 cash.

We did Pioneer Village.  Awsome.  We saved the arch for next trip.

Joel

Jeff & Sue,

Even though it was a short stay Sam & I enjoyed meeting you guys in person.? We enjoyed your visit al look forward to your return in the future.? Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip home.

We look forward to seeing you at the QZ rally.

Joel & Camille,

Was great seeing you guys again.  Glad you enjoyed Sam's Camp.  Sam say thanks.  We were very impressed with Pioneer Village when we were there.  Clyde & Vies is not much of a campground but it works.  It as continued to go down hill.  You were lucky when we were there the guy wasn't even in the office just a note to leave you $20 for each night you stayed.

Looking forward to your next visit to Sam's Camp.  Have a safe trip home and we look forward to seeing you in Moab.

Mini Rallies continue at Sam's Camp with the arrival Bernie and Marlene this afternoon.  In the attached photo left to right are Sam, Shirley, Ron, Bernie, and Marlene.

Attachments

• Sam's Camp mini rally 8-07-05.JPG
    Sam's Camp mini rally 8-07-05.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 29
We arrived at Sam's Camp this afternoon after many changes in plans and dates over the last month. Unfortunately, we only have one nite to spend before heading off to Minot, ND for the FMCA convention.

One surprise was finding our Sprint phone working here, tho not with Vision service necessary for internet access. Of course, one of the amenities of Sam's Camp and included in the nitely fee is Wi-Fi access to the internet.

The hosts of this campground are unmatched.

Great photo Ron.

Bernie, you're right about the hospitality at Sam's Camp - it's unmatched anywhere.

Had some more visitors drop by this afternoon.  Just kinda checking out what might be going on at Sam's Camp as they were on their way to visit Shirleys garden.  See attached photos.

Don't have a clue where moma was since the kids seemed kind curious as to what I was doing.

Attachments

• Checking out Sam's Camp (Medium).jpg
    Checking out Sam's Camp (Medium).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Visiters Sam Camp (Medium).jpg
    Visiters Sam Camp (Medium).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 23
Nice photos of the visitors Ron. Is that a new DW dish I see?

Tom said:
Nice photos of the visitors Ron. Is that a new DW dish I see?

That DW dish is the one for my 4000.  I was just playing around with it checking out some other Satellites before I changed to AMC9.  Made the change today.

Ah, I see Ron. Didn't recognize it because the distinctive artwork is on the other side.

Tom said:
Ah, I see Ron. Didn't recognize it because the distinctive artwork is on the other side.

The dish with the art work is blue on the back side.  The dish on the pole is the one that will go with the DW4000.  I currently have two dishes.  The dish with art is still where it was when we were at Moab.

Forgot you had two dishes, well three for a short while  ;D

Mini Rallies continue at Sam's Camp with the arrival of Smoky and Sharon this afternoon.  After they got hooked up we had dinner and visited for a while.  Of course we introduced them to Shirley.  Smoky will probably be posting photos tomorrow after he gets the DW setup.  Possible events after the DW setup is complete will be fishing, sight seeing, deer watching, quilt show, and more visiting.  Stay tunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom