Sam's Camp 2005 Mini-Rallies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam's Camp mini rallies continue with the arrival of Ned & Lorna.  One ot the deer Sam seen earlier stopped by guess to check and see if they arrived safely. ;D  The deer was standing under the apple tree in back of the house watching Lorna park and Ned hook up, then just walked off.

Heard what we think was the ring necked pheasant today but haven't seen him yet.

Sam and Ron took us for a drive last evening and saw at least a hundred deer plus a hawk.  George Foster would have been impressed.  Then we came back to Sam's Camp for some of Sam's delicious apple pie.  The area is beautiful.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it Lorna. Did the Motosat get locked on?

Tom said:
Did the Motosat get locked on?

Datastorm locked on with no problems.? Even getting DirecTV :)

The George Foster wildlife tour was a huge success last night.

Attachments

• MT Deer 2.jpg
    MT Deer 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 21
  • MT Deer.jpg
    MT Deer.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for sharing the photos Ned. I couldn't recall if there was sat access other than in Sam/Ron's spot. I didn't have my dish when we were there and was freeloading on Ron's dish, with permission of course.

Usually we take photos from the other direction but today I thought Tom and others would appreciate seeing how the dishes are pointed as shown in the attached photo.

Attachments

• Sat Dishes at Sam's Camp.JPG
    Sat Dishes at Sam's Camp.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Ron. Wasn't sure there was a shot at the sat from site #2.

BTW tell Ned he needs to something to spruce up that plain Jane dish of his if he's going to deploy it next to yours  ;D

BTW tell Ned he needs to something to spruce up that plain Jane dish of his if he's going to deploy it next to yours?

OK.? Ned Tom say you need to spruce up your dish when deployed next to mine. ;D

Ron said:
Tom say you need to pruce up your dish when deployed next to mine. ;D

Nope, that was spruce up  ;D

Spruce \Spruce\, v. i.
  To dress one's self with affected neatness; as, to spruce up.
  [1913 Webster]

"WordNet (r) 2.0"
spruce
    adj : marked by smartness in dress and manners; "a dapper young
          man"; "a jaunty red hat" [syn: dapper, dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, smart, spiffy, snappy]
    v 1: make neat, smart, or trim; ..... [syn: spruce up, titivate, tittivate, smarten up, slick up, spiff up]
    2: dress and groom with particular care, as for a special occasion; "He spruced up for the party" [syn: spruce up,
        slick up, smarten up]

Hey, it's got color on it :) ?And don't forget the blue lights.

And a spruce is an evergreen.

Lest anyone think there is no culture in Montana, Ron and Sam took us on a tour of the annual hay sculpture contest tonight.  See the attached images for some fine examples of the creativity of the Montana farmers artists.

Attachments

• Hay Sculpture 1.jpg
    Hay Sculpture 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Hay Sculpture 2.jpg
    Hay Sculpture 2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Hay Sculpture 3.jpg
    Hay Sculpture 3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Hay Sculpture 4.jpg
    Hay Sculpture 4.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 21
Pretty neat Ned. But I thought those round bales of hay were being phased out in favor of square ones. The Governor of Mantana decided that the cows should have a square  meal, or at least that's the story Joe Darrigo gave Chris  :)

The Governor of Mantana decided that the cows should have a square? meal, or at least that's the story Joe Darrigo gave Chris?
? But then the rest of the story.? Several of the Montana farmers using round bales pointed out they were providing Montana cattle a well rounded diet. ;D

We also took Ned & Lorna up to the Judith Peak rally sight where Lorna selected their spot. ?Ned figured he could tap into the electrical cable in the concrete pit and get at least 50 amp power. ?Se the attached photo of Lorna, Ned, and Sam with lorna pointing out their site.

Attachments

• Reiters sight on Judith Peak.JPG
    Reiters sight on Judith Peak.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom