Sam's Camp 2005 Mini-Rallies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In our recent trek across ND and MT, we have seen very few square bales. ?In ND most of them haven't even been collected. ?They're just sitting in the fields where the baler dropped them.

And the cattle here seem to be very well rounded :) ?And the deer and antelope are too. ?I've never seen so many deer in such a short time as the past two days. ?Grain fed venison should be really good.

Yep, that's the place.  It looks like about 500 amp service in that pit.

Ned said:
Yep, that's the place.? It looks like about 500 amp service in that pit.

You mean you would be willing to share with Joel and Camile who selected the spot on the otherside of the concrete pit?

Joel can tap the second pair of cables.  If we dig deep enough, we can probably find water too :)

Remind me tomorrow to give you the USB drive with today's art tour photos.

Tom, we were able to find the sat no problem from spot #2.  Also got Direct TV as well.

But, Ron, since we left, we were able to get DW in Chester, but so far no luck in Kalispell.  I am getting Direct TV here fine, but keep getting that blasted 8L8 on the opi.  Will try again today now that the weather is clearing.  We had 5 straight days of rain.  Got friends coming here tomorrow from McCall Idaho, going over Lolo pass in their RV to reach us.  Sure would like to show off the DW to them.  Guess that software update on DW really did me in on Sat 99.

Glad to hear it Smoky. I figured Ned wouldn't go visit if he couldn't get a line of sight for his Motosat  ;D

It didn't take me long to give up on the OPI, although I didn't have the benefit of Ron as an instructor. I bought me a Birdog (or is that BirdDog?) meter. Tells me which sat I'm on in addition to SS. Find the sat, unplug the BD and everything else is done inside the coach.

What was the SW update? Is this something that downloaded automatically, or something you had to request?

Smoky,
Did you get my phone message yesterday.  I will call you this morning or you can call me I do have a couple suggestions.

Had a couple more visiters here at Sam's camp this afternoon.? For those of you that have been here will probably recognize these visiters are within 20 ft of our MH.? See the photo.

Attachments

• Sam's Camp Visiters 16 Sep 05.JPG
    Sam's Camp Visiters 16 Sep 05.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Ron. Either they haven't grown much, or they're next generation  ;D

Ron:

I assume you posted the message after we finally talked.  As discussed, we are not going to try satellite again until we get out of the mountains.  Leaving for McCall Idaho on 9/26.  Gee I really miss the speed of sta.  Verizon is ok in a pinch,  but I NEED THE SPEED!

Sky almost jumped through the laptop when he saw the apples in your picture. ;D

Sky did enjoy eating those apples. ;D ;D ;D

When will you be leaving McCall?  Hope you get out before it snows.  We will probably be in the Boise area the 30th for a couple days.

Ron:

We plan to stay only 2 nights in Idaho.  If we go to McCall, and this might change per the weather, we will likely stay at the WM in Boise when we leave McCall.  We should have no problem setting up the satellite at the WM in Boise.  Clear skies all around.  Will keep you posted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom