Have you Pottered with Harry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The latest Harry Potter novel was released for publication at midnight last night. People were waiting in line at midnight at stores in the UK. Our niece, and avid Harry Potter fan,  is visiting us from the UK and was panicking because she left home a couple of days before the release date.

amazon.com to the rescue. I pre-ordered the book with guaranteed delivery no later than 7.00pm PT today. Sure enough, the book was in our mailbox before noon and our niece hasn't put it down since.

I was shopping at Meier today for some books to take to Canada with me and noticed about 8 copies of the new book on the shelf with other hardcovers, no sign or anything. After calling my wife and confirming that it was indeed the new one I went ahead and got it for her.
It was hard to believe that they didn't do anything to draw attention to it.

Woody

Must be that there's not the same Harry Potter following here Woody. OTOH I watched a report last night that said the prior 5 books had been translated into numerous languages and had sold 250 million copies.

One thing I haven't figured out is why they put a different cover on the U.S. copies from what they do on the UK ones. I asked my niece if the book was translated into American English  :)  but she she said it wasn't. I'll sneak a peek when she puts it down.

It might have something to do with copywrite laws WRT the cover artwork. That's about the only reason I can think of. I just checked and this books' cover is copywrited by Warner Bros. and is published by Scholastic Publishing in NY.

Woody

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom