Wyoming boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Actually I was born and raised in Green River Wyo and would be very happy living there too.  Will be heading to GR for my 50th class reunion next week.

Actually I was born and raised in Green River Wyo and would be very happy living there too.  Will be heading to GR for my 50th class reunion next week.

Ron, my dad was born and raised in Rock Springs...just a jackrabbit's hop away from Green River. His dad worked in the coal mines. My dad broke horses to earn money while in high school. So, as an adopted son of Swee****er County, I salute you!

Cricketdaddy said:
Ron, my dad was born and raised in Rock Springs...just a jackrabbit's hop away from Green River. His dad worked in the coal mines. My dad broke horses to earn money while in high school. So, as an adopted son of Swee****er County, I salute you!

I had an uncle that worked the coal mines before they moved West.  My dad worked on the railroad.  Yep I know Rock Springs actually going to dinner at Teds Supper Club in Rock Springs next week.

It's been a few years since I was in that corner of the Cowboy State but I love it there. Shot some pool with my dad and brother in the Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole while the town was busy turning into Aspen North and the longtime residents were fighting to keep the "Hole" in the name. But the trout still bite and so does the wind. I've got to get back there.

My dad told me when he was growing up Rock Springs had three churches and twelve brothels. He might have been exagerrating but not by much.

Dave Stringham said:
I have spent a lot of time in Wyoming, We have a large wind plant outside of Laramie, wonderfull country, the down side is that they have only 2 seasons..........winter and August. ;D
The locals always refered to it as winter and construction. ;D ;D

Mom Grew up in Cokeville and Star Valley. I spent lots of time at my uncles ranch in Pinedale, that where I learned how stuborne a mule could really be.

wayne

A wind plant is the perfect business to have in that part of the world. Not to be a namedropper...I chat with former Senator Alan Simpson once in awhile in my job and he once told me the snow that falls in Casper and Laramie lands in Nebraska.  ;D

Ron, I stayed in a nice RV park in Green River a few years back. Don't remember the name of it but our door was just a short walk to the river and the fishing was great.

Cricketdaddy said:
Ron, I stayed in a nice RV park in Green River a few years back. Don't remember the name of it but our door was just a short walk to the river and the fishing was great.

Yes on the west side of Green River.  When I was groing up that area was a picnic area owned by Mr Layton.  We will be parked straight across from the west end of the Palisades next week.  My old classmate and his sister inherited the palisades from the river North which their father purchased in the 30/s.  Night say that was part of Ron's playground as was the river.

A few years ago we lead a few of the RV Forum members up into Wyoming and to some areas not even in the tour guides.  I think all that was on that tour enjoyed it.  Felt so sorry for Russ he only got to do the steam Shop in Cheyenne then he had to report back to his partners and go to work.

Ron:

I remember listening to you and Jim Godward trade "growing up on the railroad" war stories when we were all camped at Heyburn State Park on Lake Chatcolet in Idaho.  You future engineer-types were really mischievous little tykes, weren't you.  :D

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
Ron:

I remember listening to you and Jim Godward trade "growing up on the railroad" war stories when we were all camped at Heyburn State Park on Lake Chatcolet in Idaho.  You future engineer-types were really mischievous little tykes, weren't you.  :D

Margi

We were just a little mischievous adventurous. ;D  I was quite remarkable that Jim and I had similar experiences.

Marsha/CA said:
Forgot something.  Has anyone been to the Medicine Bow National Park (forest?) west of Laramie?  It is breathtaking.

That would be a National Forest (sorry, not Park). We'll be up that way next month, may have to check it out.

Wendy
toasty in Cortez

Ron said:
We were just a little mischievous adventurous. ;D  I was quite remarkable that Jim and I had similar experiences.

Well, I dunno .... isn't flattening a penny on the train tracks some sort of federal offense?  Whatever adventurous inquisitive scientific experiments inspired you as youths, you both went on to forge exemplary careers.  You just can't beat that old wild west spirit.  :D

Margi

Ron, have a wonderful time at your class reunion and be sure to have some of that great Polish sausage the locals make in that part of Wyoming.

Cricketdaddy said:
Ron, have a wonderful time at your class reunion and be sure to have some of that great Polish sausage the locals make in that part of Wyoming.

Thanks Dave we will do that.  Plan on visiting my brother and SIL on the way through Riverton also.

Tom and Margi said:
Well, I dunno .... isn't flattening a penny on the train tracks some sort of federal offense?   Whatever adventurous inquisitive scientific experiments inspired you as youths, you both went on to forge exemplary careers.  You just can't beat that old wild west spirit.  :D

Margi

I don't know about Ron, but some of us still get into inquisitive experiments although they are nowhere near as adventurous as they once were!  VBG

James Godward said:
I don't know about Ron, but some of us still get into inquisitive experiments although they are nowhere near as adventurous as they once were!  VBG

Suppose we did learn as we got older. ;D ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom