Field Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will

I was just wondering if any of you participated in this year's Field Day operation.

I worked with the Jackson Amateur Radio Club as W5PFC which operated as a 3A club in Mississippi.

It would have been nice if I'd still had the RV for the bad weather that rolled through and trashed several of our tents.

I might buy a bus for this stuff.

Will said:
I was just wondering if any of you participated in this year's Field Day operation.
I worked with the Jackson Amateur Radio Club as W5PFC which operated as a 3A club in Mississippi.
It would have been nice if I'd still had the RV for the bad weather that rolled through and trashed several of our tents.

I worked 40 and 75 meters.  An RV is a nice way to go camping on Field Day.  :)

Phil

Closest I came was cell-phone dx to my old clubs FD site at dinner time.  They said they missed me.  I used to do all the cooking, on Sat night would be ribs or steaks, corn, chowdre, shrimo etc.  They had a pot luck this year.  3 tuna salad casseroles, 2 jello salads, 4 macaroni salads.  '

Yup, they miss me.

RV is definitely a great way to hit FD.  My old TC was the mothership, gen running, coffee always on, awning out, cooler full of apropriate beverages. 

We would start the campout on Fri night, unload gear, set up cook station, and start setup on Sat AM.

Yeaup, me & the trailer did field day with North Fulton Amateur Radio League.  My first field day.

Great, comfortable chair to lounge in.  Cool, Bed availiable when needed.  ...

W4JNM

This was my 6th field day, and another all-nighter just reminded me of how much I want another rig to help with the camping.

Yup, we operated as 3A K8PI in Middletown,OH at a city park. I'm the coordinator for the CW station.

cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom