2000 Itasca Suncruiser 32V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Attached are some pictures...still waiting for pictures of the insides

Other then looking for water leaks, delam, tire wear....what things should i look for due to the high mileage

Attachments

• Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 001.jpg
    Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 001.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 002.jpg
    Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 002.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 003.jpg
    Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 003.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 004.jpg
    Web 04-18-08 Adventurer 004.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 31
The mileage may indicate a lot of days of use, which leads to interior wear. Upholstery, cabinets (look around handles and hinges), flooring, etc.

As for the mechanical parts, ask if there are maintenance records or if they can get them (they usually will call the prior owner for you and ask, if they are not with the coach). Good-to-excellent maintenance records, e.g. oil & filter  changes, chassis lubes, routine repairs, will generally indicate the rig was well cared for. Lacking them, I would assume that ALL filters and fluids (engine, fuel system, transmission, air intake, cooling system, generator, etc) need to be changed and that is a hefty chuck of change on a diesel. Figure $1500 or so. See if you can get that included in the deal.  NOT just an oil change, which they usually do anyway.  Diesels have a lot of filters and they are often expensive buggers.

And don't forget to check tire AGE as well as wear. A 99 may well have original tires (yikes!) or may have already had new ones installed (good deal).

I put a $500 hold on the coach...it's 100% refundable
I'm in the process of getting the mainteance records and some additional pictures

Just learned that the engine was replaced 2 years ago...hoping that's not a sign of neglect
Also learned that there is a small sign of delam under the drivers window...that always scares me

i attached pictures of the inside

Attachments

• 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 001_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 001_1.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 42
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 002_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 002_1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 003_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 003_1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 004_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 004_1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 28
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 005_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 005_1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 29
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 006_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 006_1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 007_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 007_1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 008_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 008_1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 08-06-08  Winnebago inside pictures 009_1.jpg
    08-06-08 Winnebago inside pictures 009_1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 30
Here is the quote i got from lazyDays for maintenance prior to delivery:
-- replace gas filter
-- transmission service (change transmission oil)
-- replace genset fuel filter
-- oil change (both main engine and genset)

$550

Are there any other services I should request?  Was thinking maybe of resealing/caulking all windows/doors/etc

I've been reading this entire thread and I can't wait to see what happens. Having gone through this process myself over the last several weeks it's kind of fun to sit back and watch someone else go through the same thing.

it's been a long search...but learning alot along the way...and the folks in here are great

what rig did u wind up getting?  are u happy with it?

After reading a lot while lurking and getting the advice from some of these long timers, I pulled the trigger on a '95 Pace 35W.

The main advice I followed, after reading all the checklists, was something that's been mentioned a few times. This is a soft market. Take your time and find what you want at the price you want to pay.

I ended up buying my rig for about 80 cents on the dollar of low book/no adds and 70 cents on the dollar of low book adjusted for options and there was nothing wrong with it. It was simply taking advantage of someone else's desire to unload their rig.

Have you definitely changed your target from gas to diesel? I ask, because you can get a much newer gas chassis rig for the price you have budgeted (at least 2002 and dual slides) and nothing you have said about wants and needs indicates that a diesel is going to be a big plus for you. Maybe just a case of "diesel envy", a common malady among us guys?

I'm not trying to suggest that there is no advantage to a diesel, but you are very concerned over delam and other potential problems as well as engine type and a newer rig generally goes a long way toward eliminating those sorts of problems.

I'm still open to gas rigs as well...the current plan is to have lazyDays find me 3 or 4 rigs that fit my budget and then when i take the trip to Fla...i'll have a few options

I just talked to someone that bought from Lazydays.  In order for her and her husband to "close the deal" they asked for 3 nights at rally park in the coach. 

Not that you will learn a whole lot in 3 days, but considering its monsoon season here in Fl, they were able to check for leaks and also work out a little "fixes".

Just a thought.

I can  provide you (or anybody else who is interested) certificates that are good for two nights in LD's Rally park, either before or after the sale. It's a sales gimmick to get you there and hopefully looking at new or used rigs. Contact me via email if interested.

I've had quite a bit of contact with LD management - they are interested in what we do here and appreciate any feedback on customer problems or perceptions of them - so they gave me some of these certificates to hand out.

lazydays called today...they have a 2000 monaco knight coming in
it's a 36Z  Diesel...i think it's being priced at 45K...only has 23K miles
the salesman thinks i should consider this one instead of the 99 winnie diesel that has 90K miles

any opinions on the monaco ?  I'll post some pics as soon as i receive them

I think you'd be happy with Monaco's product and their customer support. I can't comment on the Winnebago, but friends who own them are quite happy with them.

I too think the Knight is a better choice. HERE is some info on the 2000 Knight models from Monaco. You get Monaco quality at a modest price. Slap a deposit on it so you have first right of refusal.

I agree...we are going to switch our deposit to the Monaco.
One of lazyDays' policies is to allow a potential buyer to speak with the previous owner
What do you feel would be the most effective questions to ask a prior owner?

I don't know what to suggest re questions for the prior owner, but you might care to clck the Library button above and select Checklists. One of them will tell you what to look for before taking delivery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom